15

this is coming to an end.

_____________________________

As I collected each of the pages I had found, I carefully pinned them to the wall in my room. The pages, with their unsettling words and drawings, seemed to come alive in the dim light coming from a little lamp on my nightstand. Their edges, once crisp and clean, now weathered and frayed, as if they had aged centuries in mere days.

As silly as it felt, I couldn't shake the feeling that they, the pages, were watching me. Their inked words danced before my eyes, their cryptic message etching themselves into my mind. I would often find myself staring at the pages for hours on end, losing track of time as my mind delved deeper into their mysteries.

My obsession with finding the remaining ones grew stronger with each passing day, and I would sometimes talk to the pages as if they were my only companions.

"Where are you other pages?" I'd whisper to them, but no response came from the inanimate sheets of paper.

But it wasn't just the pages that haunted me. It felt like with each addition to the wall, a relentless drumming sound began to echo in my ears. At first, it was a distant and almost soothing rhythm.

Yet, with each new page added to the wall, the drumming grew louder. It was faint and distant at first but now It was a rhythmic pounding that only I could hear, growing louder. The drumming seemed to almost being coming from the very heart of the forest, a constant reminder of the darkness that lurked within.

As I had pinned the fourth page to the wall, I felt a sense of dread wash over me. Why? Why was this happening? The pages, once a source of curiosity, had changed and become an obsession.

I couldn't ignore the fact that I was changing either. This realization scared me, My thoughts became more erratic, my once peaceful sleep now plagued by nightmares that left me gasping for air. And that constant drumming, it never ceased. It followed me everywhere, even in my dreams.

One night, as I lay in bed, unable to escape the drumming that pounded in my ears, I heard a voice. It was faint at first, like a whisper carried by the wind. But it grew louder, more insistent, until it felt like it was inside my head.

"[Y/n], you must find them. " the voice urged, its tone urgent and commanding.

I sat up, heart pounding, searching for the source of the voice. There was no one in the room with me, and the voice seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere at once.

"The forest is calling to you," it continued.

I couldn't resist the compulsion that gripped me. With trembling hands, I rose from my bed, determined to follow the voice and the drumming that led me deeper into the heart of the forest.

Little did I know that's what it wanted, and my quest for the remaining pages would lead me down a path from which there might be no return.