12

As my eyes blinked open, I found myself surrounded by darkness, and an unsettling sense of déjà vu washed over me. I extended my hand, half-expecting to feel the soft touch of my bedsheets beneath my fingertips, but my fingers felt rough grass.

I felt panic and I rubbed my eyes before blinking a few times. I was back in the little clearing from so long ago where I first saw the Slender Man, only everything seemed different. The sky looked like a blank white canvas and the trees were dark grey and misty looking.

"This can't be happening again," I whispered to myself, my voice trembling.

My gaze swept around the clearing, taking in the eerie familiarity of it all. It was as though I had been transported into a replay of our first encounter but this time it was a nightmare.

But then, something shifted behind me, I slowly turned my head around.

Floating above me was a window—Not attached to anything, just a window. I slowly looked around me before standing up.

I realized it was my window from my room and in the middle of it, was an old, crumpled paper marked with a circle and had an X through it.

My heart raced as I looked at the note. However, this time, there was a notable difference. The note was on; what I considered the inside of the window, instead of being on the outside like before.

I gently took the note in my hand. My unease deepened as my [e/c] eyes scanned my surroundings and then, I saw it.

Another note.

I walked up to the tree it was on, the uneasy feeling I had got worse as got close to the line of trees, the closer I got the more trees that seemed to appear, I quickly gripped the note tight in my other hand.

The note was like the other one but read something different,

"HELP ME"

My body felt cold and yet I could feel beads of sweat on my forehead, I turned around and felt a scream escape me.

Slender man loomed in front of me.