chapter fourteen: no little left unattended

Kai woke up way earlier than he normally does, and in little space. He made it his mission to be as annoying as he could, to test all the boundaries and limits his dear bobbi could handle.

    Kai started his morning by sliding off the bed and trying to get himself dressed, in the mind space of a two year old, and even after pulling every single thing out of the closet and tossing it on the floor, he could not decide what to wear, so he settled for just his pull up.

      Then he wanted to take a bath, but knew it was better to ask bobbi first so he crawled back up into the room and poked him repeatedly until bobbi murmured a 'what' in his half asleep state.

     "Me takes bath? Dat otay?" Kai asked and ran the second bobbi nodded Kai ran to the bathroom again as bobbi went back to bed.

   Kai pulled himself up on the toilet seat, so he could reach the cabinet all the bath stuff was stored it, as bobbi had *assumed* it would be out of reach. Kai dumped in the whole bottle of  bubble bath and let the water run by turning on both taps all the way. As it was filling up he moved over to the sink where, instead of brushing his teeth, he played with it. Kai squeezed out the tube on the counter and started to use it to finger paint the mirror slowly slipping further.

     Now done with his finger painting, the little boy climbed into the tub still in his pull up. But he had forgotten to turn the water off, and the with amount of soap he poured in, water and bubbles flowed over the side and down to the floor. Although the boy hadn't a care in the world, as loud laughter filled the apartment it awoke a very groggy bobbi.

     Bobbi slowly made his way down to the source of the noise and quickly woke up at the sight of pooling water underneath the door, he swung the door open and took in the amount of damage. The floor was flooded with the faucet still pouring, the mirror and counter covered in toothpaste, and a bubblefied regresser playing in the midst of it all.

    He made quick work of tossing off his socks and rolling up his pants, trenching to turn off the faucet and drain some of the water so it wasn't overflowing
"Kai."

Kai simply giggled and looked up at the caregiver, his mad face being the funniest thing in the world to the little. "You are gonna sit here in the bath while I clean this, then you're gonna properly wash up, and yes your hair is getting washed" he was interrupted by the little whining "nu-uhh none of that, and after we get done, you're going straight to timeout sir."

Kai huffed and turned his back to him, but listened

    It took Bobbi almost an hour to get the floor dried up, not to mention he hasn't even started on the counter yet, he hated the thought of cleaning that one up.

"Bobs..." Kai tried to grab the attention of his caregiver, the water was freezing and he was shivering, but he didn't want to move because he knew he was in deep shit.

    Bobbi looked over at him, feeling bad for not paying attention sooner, he drained more water and added hot water to warm it back up. "Here bubs, let me get ya first" he pushed Kai's hair back and kissed his forehead

   He took his time making sure Kai was warmed up, and washed his hair throughly, and made sure he was all cleaned up before grabbing a towel and after tossing the soaked pull up, he wrapped him up and carried him to his nursery to get him dressed.

He dressed Kai in a loose grey sweater and black shorts, and of course another pull up. "Alright baby boy, you're gonna sit in timeout until I get done cleaning the bathroom, no matter how long it takes. And why is that?"

"Do cwime, do time" Kai muttered behind the fingers in his mouth

"Yes, that's right" Bobbi picked him up and placed him sitting in the corner facing the wall "I'll be back as soon as I get done bubba, I promise"

"Otays.. "

It took Bobbi a whooping 37 minutes to scrub the toothpaste off the surfaces of the bathroom, and a lot of cursing. But as promised he ran back to brat to free him. "Hey bubba, I'm allllll done" he picked the little up and attacked his tear stained face in kisses

"It's alright, we're all done, no more tears sweet boy, how about breakfast and movies? We can watch frozen, and frozen 2 how about that? I'll clean up our room when you're napping later, the laundry can wait"

"Bacon?" Kai asked as he laid his head on bobbis shoulder

"Of course there's gotta be bacon bubs, what's life without bacon?