Chapter 8

"Calling the 955", I rushed onto the bus. Hopefully I would get a seat, most likely not though this is the most popular bus. I had to sit next to a little year 7 kid, but still I got a seat which hardly ever happens. I put on my headphones happy to zone out after such a long day. I wonder why Tyler punched Zac. You know what it's none of my business and also knowing him there probably wasn't a good reason. Zac, however, wouldn't hurt a fly, so he definitely didn't start the fight meaning Tyler did. I hate when people fight, probably because of my Dad. I think the part I hate most though is the fact people get hurt. If people didn't get hurt and it was just a way of dealing with things, then maybe it wouldn't affect me as much. Usually, it isn't a one-on-one fight, usually Ace would go into to help same with their other friends, but this time they didn't do that which was really strange.

I walked out towards my car hoping to see Ella waiting there. She wasn't. Which most likely means she went home to her dickhead Father. I got into my car. I have no regrets punching Zac. His just lucky I didn't kill him after the things he said. I've been suspended for 3 days now. Good, I don't have to come back to this hell hole for a while. The only thing is that I won't be able to see Ella for a while. Unless I go rescue her from her house. I like that plan. I get into my Audi R8, and drive to her house speeding down the highway. As soon as I get to her house, I hear a shouting and things breaking from inside the house, I knew immediately that Ella's in trouble. I have no idea how to get her out of there though, she probably won't pick up to her phone and I definitely can't knock on the door. You know what screw it.

I finally got home after what seemed like forever. I as soon as I walked through the door, I got that gut feeling that my Dad wouldn't be in a good mood. As usual I was right. Somehow, I'm always right about these things and it really pisses me off.

"Where have you been," my Dad asks me storming into the room.

"School," I reply bluntly.

"I would cut the sass, if I were you," He says angrily. I knew as soon as I replied with attitude, I was in for it. He grabbed a broken beer bottle from the bench and smashed it into my face. I screamed in agony; I got see the blood as it ran down my face and onto my uniform. Once he did that, he pushed me up against the door, kicking me until I started to see stars and my vision faded out.

I watched from my car as the garage door opened and Ella's Dad stormed out of the house, getting in his car, and driving away. He really is an idiot considering he left the garage door open. I quickly jump out of my car and entered the house in case he decided to come back from his road trip early. I turn the corner to see her lying on the floor blood all over her face, her shirt had ridden up showing massive purple and blue bruises all over her stomach. I cautiously approached her, so I didn't scare her. She was knocked out. I slowly lifted her up, so I didn't hurt her. She winced in her sleep. Shit. I walked up the stairs and entered what I think is her room. Correct. There was a lot of pink and dried flowers. Definitely her room. I put her on her bed and ran to the bathroom to get a wet cloth. I carefully wiped the blood off her face. Once all the blood was gone, I saw all the cuts and scratches as well as glass engraved in her skin. I took off her shirt careful not to look and put another one on.

"Tyler," I heard a faint whisper.

"Yeh," I replied.

"Why are you here, you need to leave before he gets back," She said quietly.

"No," I replied firmly, there was no way in hell I was leaving this girl.

"Please Tyler, please I will get into so much trouble if he finds you here and plus you should get home, I can take care of myself."

I ignored her and kept wiping away the blood.

"This is going to hurt ok just hold onto my shirt when it starts hurting, ok," I said preparing to pull the glass out.

"No, please don't pull it out, I deal horribly with pain," she said her eyes welling up with tears.

"I have to you can't leave it in there," I said softly, I immediately pulled a bit of glass out I watched as her eyes went wide and tears just falling down her face. I started pulling out the glass out more quickly, she winced every time, pulling at my shirt. Eventually all the glass was pulled out. I wiped all the tears of her shirt.

"I'm sorry," Ella said quietly. I just pulled her into my chest hugging her in response. Eventually she fell asleep in my arms. I put her down on her bed and started putting some clothes and toiletry items into a bag. I don't want her needing to come back here.