Shota dragged his hands down his face when the door closed behind Todoroki. ‘why is there always something off with one of them’ he thinks to himself with a groan.

He had the next class free so he left out the door to the teacher's lounge.

---

“he kept mentioning his father wanted this and his father wanted that!” Aizawa huffed on the couch across from Nezu, “somethings not right about this” he grounded crossing his arms back over his chest, “i just don't know what”

“theres always something off about endeavor” Toshinori voiced from behind where he was making his weird green coloured tea he loved drinking, “he always says the sketchiest things”

“do you mind elaborating?” Nezu questioned the frail man.

“remember four months ago at the sports festival? I went to talk to the guy and congratulate him on having such a powerful quirk in the family and be said ‘Let me assure you of one thing All might, whatever it takes that kid of mine will beat you some day, I'll make sure of it that's why I made him’ ”

The raven haired teacher froze when the words left the blondes mouth, but that went completely unnoticed to the man in question as he continued on “and I was like ‘you did what?’ and then he said ‘he's in a rebellious phase right now, but he will take your place, I'll make sure of it!’ whatever that means. The guy then stormed off to who knows where grunting and puffing, he's got it out for me I think”

It all clicked for the pro hero then, why the kid didn't use his fire for the first few months of school, why he looked too uncomfortable when endeavor shower up to the remedial course, shit why didn't he see this sooner?. By the looks of it Nezu was having the same thoughts when he questioned, “Yagi, are you sure that's what he said?”

“of course! How could I forget how rude he'd been-”

Aizawa abrubtly stood from his chair “Why didn't you tell us sooner?!” he said, louder than he had meant, as he filled with anger at the thought of- no nothing's certain yet they need to get solid evidence before they can make crazy assumptions.

“we'll endeavors never been the friendliest guy and I didn't take you one for gossip shota-”

Aizawa let out a bigger sigh then he ever did before, and he had a few problem children in his life. “we're gonna have to look into this further,” he stated to Nezu who agreed immediately, “and hopefully I'm wrong, please say I'm wrong but if that's what endeavor said, we might have a quirk marriage case on our hands at the very least.”

Shota hoped Toshinori had caught on by this point, for number one hero the man could be very dull, “i've got a shit tone of paperwork to go through then” he commented as he left, heading back to his classroom.

---

It didn't take very long to go through Todoroki's file, having done private tutoring all his life before UA he only had his straight A grades, he didn't have anything on his medical record which would be common for rich families that have their own private doctor, as most illnesses such a 24 hour stomach bug or slight fever aren't documented, but a completely blank medical file is not common.

And there's no way, with the level Todoroki was at when he joined UA that he obtained that strength without so much as dislocating a joint. Not to mention the burn scar over the kids eye.

Aizawa knows he needs to call a parent and ask about their family doctor, but Endeavor gave the school strict warning to not call him for any emergencies as he's away for the next few days, and to be honest Aizawa has a feeling that he wouldn't get any information out if the guy anyway.

There's no information about any family member except for Endeavor, but the 2nd emergency contact name is a ‘Fuyumi Todoroki’ who Aizawa assumes must be his mother.

It's after school hours now, which would be most work hours too so Aizawa types the number in on his work phone and waits while it rings, she picks up on the third ring.

“hello?” the calm voice speaks from the other end.

“hello, this is Aizawa Shota I'm Todoroki's homeroom teacher am I speaking to Fuyumi Todoroki?”

“yes, is shoto okay?” her voice is worried when she asks

“yes, I hope I'm not disturbing you Mrs Todoroki” Aizawa figures she must not be home if she hasn't heard from Todoroki yet when school ended an hour ago.

“oh no, I just got home from work, and I'm not ‘mrs’ Todoroki that would be our mum sorry about the confusion.”

“apologies, I called as I need to discuss Todoroki's file and endea- Mr. Todoroki gave the school strict orders not to contact him while he's on your trip, is there an early time you can come in?”

“well I was planning on heading over to stay with shoto while dad's gone, so I could come in now if that suits you?”

“thats perfect actual”

“alright I'll be there in fifteen minutes!”

Aizawa hung up the call and sighed in relief, if they could get this whole thing sorted as soon as possible it would be great. He's still hoping that they're thinking too much into it. Please let it be the case.