Fuyumi 🍄
Hey Shoto I won't be
back until late tonight
some friends invited me
out for dinner. Don't
wait up xx

Me
Okay. Stay safe.

Fuyumi wasn't straight home after work today which was unusual but Shoto didn't think too much into it, he just figured she was finally starting to not worry for him as much, he could take care of himself.

He sighed when he realized the girl in question was not going to be there to make her special soba, so he would have to settle for an instant pack.

Heading to the kitchen and switching on the stove, (I dunno how to make soba so I'm just pretending it's noodles), always the stove, never the kettle. He got the packet from press (cupboard?) And slipped his phone back out of his pocket and scrolled through trending in Twatter.

Allmight stops bank robbery
While also preventing serious
Road collision

Hawks sets a new record
For ‘most saves from a
Burning ship with over 100
Passengers’

Endeavor saves kids
On haywire school bus

Shoto slipped his phone back in his pocket and finished making his soba. Tomorrow was going to be his last day at UA. Shoto didn't know how to tell Midoriya, or Iida or even Ochaco and Tsuyu, maybe a text over the weekend? He doesn't want to think about it anymore, he'll just do his homework so he can shower before he goes to bed.

---

The bell signaling homeroom had started rang out fifteen minutes ago but there was still no sign of erasurehead.

“...”

“you guys think this is so weird” Mina comments breaking the long silence which had fallen over the class thinking this was a test of their patience or something.

“this is so unusual for Aizawa-sensei” supplies Midoriya. “no shit, deku” Bakugo scoffs at the green haired.

“what do you think this is about Todoroki?” Yaoyaorozu asks leaning over in her chair, “i thought it was Aizawa testing how long we would be professional and quiet for but he wouldn't waste this long of a class on something like that”

Before Todoroki could even think of a reply Midnight walked through the door. “sorry for my tardiness, but let's get to it, I'm filling in for Aizawa, oh and Todoroki, someone's waiting for you in the teacher's lounge” she stopped by the board with her hands folded and smiled at the boy in question.

“oh, okay” Todoroki stood up and grabbed his bag leaving the classroom with the feeling of all eyes bearing into his back.

The walk to the teacher's lounge was excruciating, he could feel his heart pounding in his chest, but he was unsure why, he had a gut feeling it would be bad.

But he couldn't understand, he hadn't done anything wrong had he? He didn't break any rules, he's done all his homework. Endeavor isn't back until Monday, so it couldn't be a visitor.

He blinked when he realized he was standing Infront of the door, the metal plate just above his eye level reading ‘teachers lounge’.

He took a deep breath before pushing down the handle and stepping in.

Now he wasn't expecting to see his homeroom teacher looking way more tired than usual, and come one is Aizawa we're talking about, next to some guy Shoto doesn't recognize in a suit.

He felt lost standing at the doorway for a few seconds no one saying anything, until “Todoroki, please have a seat” the unknown black haired guy in a suit gestured towards the empty chair Infront of him, his homeroom teacher sitting in the arm chair to his left.

Shoto nodded stiffly before closing the door behind him and taking a seat on the chair. “I'm detective Tsukauchi, I'm just here to ask a few questions, if that's okay with you” the man said holding out a hand for Shoto to shake, which he accepted.

“if you don't mind me asking, what am I doing here?” the dual haired asked. The two exchanged a glance before the detective answered, “well I need to ask you a few questions regarding... Your father”

“okay” Shoto straighted up, “go ahead”

“alright” Tsukauchi pulled a small black device from his pocket, “this is detective Naomasa Tsukauchi, Todoroki regarding case 13785 please state your name for the record” the man smiled towards the latter.

“Shoto Todoroki” he stated glancing a look at his homeroom teacher who gave him a reassuring look, “alright, so you know Todoroki, my quirk I can detect whenever you lie, so please try to refrain from doing so” the detective said with a serious expression.

Shoto swallowed nodding back towards the man Infront of him, already feeling like he hated this whole situation.

“okay so we'll start off simple to ease you into it, is your name Shoto Todoroki?”

“yes”

“alright, good, is the number two hero ‘Endeavor’ your father?”

“yes.”

“okay, how would describe your relationship with your family?”

“average, I guess?”

“try again”

“as a whole,” Shoto wiped his hands in his trousers, when did they start sweating? “im not sure”

“okay, how would you describe your relationship with your father?”

“uh” Shoto shifted his gaze, he doesn't know, but maybe deep down he has an answer? What should he say? “we're uh not that close”

“does he treat you fairly?”

“how do you mean?”

“you have siblings right? Does he treat you the same way he does them?”

“...well no”

“okay, so how does he treat you?”

“a-are you even allowed to be asking these questions” Shoto looks between the two, he's trying his hardest to keep his breathing normal.

Tsukauchi, after sharing a glance with Aizawa, reached forward and paused the recorder. “Hey, kid” Aizawa asked after moving next to the boy, “i had a talk with” he looked like he was pondering whether to finish that sentence or not, “ your sister yesterday and she told me a few things about your family and we needed to open a case.”

And fuck where did all the air go?