CHAPTER 8

Jenna hesitates to knock on the door. Y/N places his hand on her shoulder. Jenna sighs and knocks on the door. there is a moment of silence  "Coming!"  a voice is heard. The door starts to unlock and reveals one of Jenna's siblings... Aliyah Ortega... "How May I-Jenna?"  "Hey, Sis."  Aliyah screams from happiness and pulls Jenna into a hug.  "I'm so happy you're back!"  she then looks at Y/N.  "Who are you?"  She lets go of Jenna.  "Aliyah, This is Y/N."  Aliyah's eyes widened.  "Y/N? as in Y/N L/N?"  "Long time no see, Aliyah."  Y/N nervously chuckles.  Aliyah hugs Y/N  "Gosh where have you been?"  "I've...I've been everywhere."  Aliyah grabs Both Jenna and Y/N's wrists "Come on!" Aliyah drags them both inside.

......

"MOM! DAD! JENNA AND Y/N ARE HERE!!" Aliyah yells at the top of her lungs. Oh Boy...Reunions... Y/N thought. Suddenly the sounds of footsteps and voices are getting closer and louder.  "Jenna's here!?"  Jenna's mom Natalie or as Y/N calls her Mrs. Ortega. appears  "Where is she!"  Edward or Mr. Ortega appears along with Mia, Mariah, Markus, and Isaac "JENNA!" the entire Ortega family gives Jenna a group hug.  "Hey, I've missed all of you,"  Jenna says.  Y/N slightly smiles for Jenna until Mrs. Ortega notices him, He stops smiling.  "Y/N?"  everyone else looks at Y/N including Jenna.  Mrs. Ortega walks towards Y/N, and then she stops in front of him. She looks at him up and down.  "How are you doing Y/N?"  "I'm fine Mrs. Ortega...wait...How do you still remember me?"  Mr. Ortega speaks up.  "You've been friends with Jenna since both of you were little...you cared about her and our family ever since."

Mr. Ortega walks up to Y/N and hugs him. Y/N is stunned to speak or move. slowly everyone else joins in.  Y/N is back with his 2nd family. Mrs. Ortega speaks up.  "Alright let's prepare dinner because we have a lot of catching up to do." everyone heads to the dining table or the kitchen.

"Let's go."  Jenna wraps her hand around Y/N's and they walk towards the dining area. Y/N is still too stunned to speak.

......

"So Y/N how's your mom doing?"  Mrs. Ortega asks.

"She's doing great. she lives in the countryside of Texas now."

Everyone is eating dinner.  "That's great! Mind if I ask what did you do when you were growing up?"

"Oh, Uh..." Y/N thinks then responds.  "I continued into middle and high school, and ended up enlisting in the Military."  "Really?"  "Yes..."  "You must have been through a lot."

Jenna looks at Y/N with a worried expression.  "Yeah..."

......

Y/N is now chilling by the balcony. he leans against the railing and looks at the moon. "You're awake."  Y/N turns to face the voice. it's Mr. Ortega. "Mr. Ortega! What are you doing awake at this time?"  "Came for a glass of water. but saw you here on the balcony."  "Huh."  "I've noticed that you have this saddened expression on your face."  "You're not the only one who's said that."

"Being in the military changed you, a lot. didn't it?"  "Yeah...It did."  "On another note, I've also noticed that you and Jenna are rather close."  "You think?"

Y/N and Mr. Ortega end up chatting along the way Y/N reveals he is dating Jenna. Mr. Ortega gave his approval.

......

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I apologize for not updating. I've been sick and busy with school along with losing the motivation to write the story but don't worry I'll finish this story.