5. Deja Vu

-

-

CASSIDY CAREFULLY CLIMBED THE STAIRS once Isiah too dismissed himself. She clung onto the wooden banister and let out a breath as she reached the top. Her head spun.

She reached out for the door handle of the room Micheal was staying in and twisted it, opening the door.

"Micheal?" She muttered, standing at the wooden frame.

He turned his head, looking at her.

"Are you okay?" Cassidy asked, genuine worry in her voice.

"Why wouldn't i be?"

"Oh i don't know. Maybe because you disappeared on us." Cassidy said, sitting on the bed beside the desk he sat at. He remained quiet. "Is it because i danced with Isiah?" she questioned, slowly sobering up by the minute.

He clenched his jaw.

"Micheal?"

"Yes, Cassie. It's because you danced with Isiah. Now if that's all you came for, you can leave," he said rudely.

Cassidy tilted her head.

Cassie. A name only Micheal called her. And a name he called her very rarely.

"Micheal i don't understand. Help me understand."

"I don't like seeing you with him." He mumbled, ashamed of his own words.

"What are you talking about, me and him? It's not me and Isiah, Micheal. It's me and you, even he knows that." She argued, frustration flowing through her.

"How can you expect me to believe that after the past that you share with him."

Cassidy scoffed, looking away. "You can't be serious Micheal." She waited for him to laugh or say he was kidding. But he didn't. Her face dropped. "You're serious?"

He took a shaky breath.

"Micheal. How many times do I have to tell you that whatever happened between me and Isiah, means nothing. It never meant anything. And if it did, i wouldn't be sat here with you, i'd he sat with him. It wouldn't be you I snuck around with, would it? It'd be Isiah."

Micheal listened to her as she spoke, desperate to convince him.

He once again said nothing, leaving her feeling defeated. "Micheal please say something."