[Ch. 1] Roomates Could Be Worse

"It's cleaner than I thought it would be." Laurence stated as he picked up the sheet and looked under it. "Stop picking the room apart. Me first." Calvin chuckled at his own joke and just bellyflopped onto the bed. "Atleast I'm making sure there's no bugs in here, gay ass." Calvin only hummed in acknowledgment before sputtering, "I'm not gay!" He just got an eye roll in return.

Laurence barely looked up when the phone started ringing. "Go get that, will you?" Calvin gave a quick thumbs up, recovering from the earlier accusation easily and grinned while he got up from the bed. Once he reached the phone he picked it up and put it to his ear. His smile faded pretty quick and it turned into a confused look.

Laurence finally looked up at the noticeable silence and raised a brow at him. "What?" Calvin stayed silent for a minute before putting the phone down. "I don't know who that was." Calvin's lips formed a straight line, for once not smiling. "Never thought I'd see the day you'd be unhappy over a wrong number call." A smile ghosted over Laurence's face but disappeared quickly.

"No, it was just really weird. They were breathing heavily into the phone." Laurence just shrugged, "Then how about we not answer the phone anymore?" Calvin nodded, shortly after the practiced bright smile grew on his face once again. "Let's go see Tyler and Felix!" Laurence nodded and followed Calvin out of their room without another word.

They weren't able to knock once they stopped at their friends door before Felix instantly opened it. Before they knew it, they were yanked inside. "I found a board game.. wanna play it?" Tyler offers as he put down a game on the farthest bed.

Laurence instantly huffed, "If you hand me a Ouija board I will shove it up your-"

-

"You're my roommate?" Ceresa crossed her arms and scoffed when Damien walked in. "Apparently so, I hope we can get along well!" Damien's cheery voice seemed to have no effect on Ceresa. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Just stay the hell away from me." Ceresa grumbled, her wings flapped downward lightly as she sat down on her already chosen bed. Damien could hear her mumbling, something that probably had to do with him being annoying.

He ignored her muttering and laid down on the empty bed after setting his barely packed backpack down.

He didn't know how long he laid there until he heard soft snores coming from his right. He glanced at Ceresa for a moment before deciding he should probably sleep a little too. But not before he checked in with his friends.

He got up quietly, careful to not disturb the short-tempered woman and grabbed the hotel phone. He seemed to have forgotten his own phone, since it was nowhere to be found.

He dialed Void's number first, wanting to say hello to his best friend before anyone else.

"Void speaking, if this is another love confession you'll have to wait in line." His calm, flirtatious tone seeping through the phone like butter. Damien just laughed quietly, "Hope I'm early then." He just received a light chuckle from the other end.

"Is your roommate nice?" Voids question made Damien pause for a minute, "She's a little aggressive. But I'm sure we'll get along.. somehow." He could practically see Void's skeptical nod. "If she hurts you, you know my room number, right dude?" Damien smiled at the slightly protective tone. "Yeah man, 203. I'll get there."

Void let out a breath on the other side of the phone and was silent for a second. "My roommates pretty cool, her names Allen." The change of subject was needed and Damien silently thanked his friend for it. "Oo la la." Damien joked, "She's like me in a way." Void continued as Damien's snickering got a little louder, not being able to hold it in. "Well, have fun I guess. I'm about to check in on the other two." He heard a dismissive sound from Void, "I already did, they're alright. Besides El giving some kid on the same floor they're on a death stare, I'd say they're doing fine."