[Ch.4] In the Open

"Lucky?" Lily yawns and sits up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and getting out of bed. They had fallen asleep a little after they had gotten back to the room. The persistent knocking at the door was what had her getting up completely.

She looked around, noticing the disappearance of her girlfriend. She peaked into the bathroom —door which was wide open anyway— and still, the woman was nowhere to be found.

"Linnie?" She calls a bit louder despite checking everywhere she could reach. The knocking on her door increasing as well. She sighed and opened the door to not keep whoever it was waiting any longer

"He-" She's interrupted instantly, "Ground floor. Now." The brown hair girl states, her friend behind her. Before Lily could question anything, the two had already vanished down the hall in quick retreating footsteps. She even heard a distant knock after a moment. She sighed and snatched her smallest bag that she could find, not before taking one last look in the whole room. Perhaps Lucky had already left to go to the ground floor.

She grabbed her light, trudging out the door with it in front of her as she walked. She reached the stairwell, and crept down it carefully to not slip. She could hear someone else in the stairwell also trying to get to the bottom. She heard the door to the ground floor open and rushed down a bit just to catch it. She smiles at the young girl who held the door open for her when she heard the rushing footsteps.

"Thank you, dear." The young girl smiled, her wolf ears moving up and down quickly for a second. "I'm Addie." She says as they walk together to the front, "Lily. Lily Reden." She introduces herself. Addie grins and turns to look at the scene filled with many people.

Lily turns a little behind them to see a young man had joined them as well. "Hey!" Addie waves, she seemed to know him. The black haired male just scoffed quietly and walked to an empty wall to lean against.

"He seems fun." Lily jokes a bit, gathering a small snort from Addie. "He never told me his name. He's my roommate though." Lily shrugs, having to speak up a bit because of all the chattering in the room, "Maybe he's just shy. Some people without constant social interaction can usually be unresponsive and unsure how to communicate. Or it's genetically induced. I read that somewhere." Addie's tail wags a bit as she grins, slightly changing the subject. "I like reading. And drawing! I should show you my drawings! Do you wanna see?," She says quickly, not even needing to take a deep breath after. Lily nods and watches the girl pull out a tablet.

The girl scans through her stuff on the device, explaining it in detailed sentences that Lily could only partially keep up with. "And this is Inferno." There was no further explanation for the small drawing similar to Addie's looks, just a little note off to the side that was a little hard to read. The only thing she could read was 'As the host for Inferno' She nodded, supposing the child just had a bit of a wild imagination.

"It's all very wonderful." Lily smiles at her, Addie beams at her, joyfully skipping away after a 'talk to you later' and started interacting with her rude roommate who barely glanced at her from his gaze towards the ground.

Lily jumped at the tap to her shoulder, seeing Allen standing there with a slightly forced smile and a phone with the light on in the other hand. Lily was quick to give Allen a very long hug, thankful Allen had been able to make it to the ground floor even when she was probably terrified. A tall man slipped by her, his wings accidentally hitting a kid in the back to which he instantly turned and apologized for. Suppose that's Allen's roommate. Perhaps he helped her with her fear.

"The doors stiff shut." Someone huffs as they try to pull the door open.

"Even if we were to get out of here- We have nowhere to go. We were brought here by bus and I didn't see any surrounding buildings." Someone else in the growing crowd acknowledges the multiple missing bits in the unsaid plan going on. There were a few agreements within the group.