[Ch.6] Silence is Loud

This symbol, * , will mark when a gruesome (or just generally an in depth description of said gruesome scene) scene occurs. If you do not wish to read that part I'll put another symbol down for you to know when it's over and continue reading.

———————————

Alec stayed quiet in his little group. They were loud, no doubt and couldn't go a second without finding a new topic to talk about. If only they were quiet like they were before.

Before the three had introduced themselves.

Addie, who he already knew had started the conversation by doing introductions for the both of them. Although, since she knew nothing about him, not even his name, she just introduced him as 'moody roommate.'

The other two in their group were adopted siblings apparently. Moon and Phendo. Both of who were a little too kind in his opinion, if that was a thing then he seemed to have found it.

How he would've loved to just go home back to his partners instead of ending up at this weird-ass disco. Hopefully he'd be able to call Xander and Flora once he gets out of this mangy place.

"—that too! What do you think roomie?" Alec was brought back to the present by Addie.

Alec simply shrugged, not knowing what the conversation was about.

He received a short pat on the shoulder from Addie before she turned back to her conversation.

While he didn't exactly like people, Addie was trying to include him and was the nicest person he's met so far.

But still.

He was hesitant to even give his name out. But honestly, it didn't seem to exactly matter since it's only a simple introduction. Maybe he'll speak up when there's an opening. Right now though is chatting time between those three. He can wait a little.

A sharp thump quieted them all down. Moon went as far as shining a light down the corridor everyone heard the source of the noise from.

"Shall we?" Addie seemed to ignore the signs and simply continued walking. Alec followed her. Splitting up and being alone in god knows what's happening here was not something he was going to be proud of doing.

"Here? I think?" Addie pushes a door open.

The room was seemingly empty. As well as it was dark. Well, it would've been dark to anyone else.

The only thing that was really off-putting was the smell. Musty and as if something was rotting.

"Do we know who's room this is?" Alec questioned as he looked around. It was different from the regular ones.

"If I had to make a theory, it's not a room for a guest." The place looked like it was owned. Clothing was everywhere, the bed was messy, trinkets and such were placed to make the place look a little fancier, etc. It looked like a room belonging to an owner house or apartment.

"Wanna bet this is a workers room?" The two turned to glance at Phendo who had now entered the room along with Moon.

"Probably." Addie simply said, crouching down silently to pick at a red stain practically becoming one with the white carpet that laid by the bedside. It seemed she didn't even have to ask to know what it was.

Most of it was dried and crusty, tiny specs of both crimson and black color fell as she pinched a small piece from the matted carpet in her fingers.

But when she moved her fingers a bit closer to the bed, her fingertips were seemingly wet. Alec could see the way her fingers now glistened. It was as if she just put her fingers under running water.