[Ch.2] Time Stops

"Do you hear that?" Lily mutters quietly to her partner. Said partner looks at her, silently asking what she's referring to.

"Theres no more ticking. The clock stopped." Lily looked around, moving away from Linnie for a quick second to tap the clock that hung low enough to be in touching range. She jumped when the sound of a generator stopping went off and the lights went out. She also stood still at the sound of a few startled screams. She knew one of those screams included Allen. Said woman absolutely HATES the dark.

"Where's our room?!" She looks towards the only one in her sight. "Right here." Linnie grabs Lily's hand and pulls her into their hotel room, shutting the door behind them. Linnie attempted to flick the lights on, not succeeding.

"I feel safer in here than out there at least." Lily sighs and stumbles around aimlessly, finding the bed and sitting on it. There was the sound of rummaging through a bag before a phone light was clicked on. "I got a little below 50% battery." Linnie says, shining the light around the room.

"We need to go find Allen. She hates the dark." Linnie nods instantly, getting ready to get back out the door before the phone rang. Lily watched as Linnie grabbed the phone and held it up to her ear. After a moment, the phone was put down. "Don't know how the phone line still works. But.. it was an automated message to stay in our rooms." Lily gave her a questioning look, "But- Allen is-" Linnie gave Lily a hug, rubbing her back gently. "I'll go find her." Lily shook her head, "Either we're both going to get her, or we're both staying here. There's no in between, Lucky." Linnie sighs, deciding there's no arguing about it and sits down next to Lily.

"Hopefully her roommate is decent enough to help her through it."

-

"Hey, hey calm down." Void pats her back reassuringly. Allen suddenly just panicked after the lights went out. "It's probably just a broken fuse, it'll be alright. I'm here." Now, not knowing this woman well but instantly clicking and becoming friends from first view instantly made Void's kind demeanor come out. Either way, he would probably be there for any roommate he got stuck with.

"Fear of the dark?" Void asked calmly, he could see a small nod from his companion. "I used to be scared of the dark too y'know?" He lied. But she didn't need to know that. Whatever worked.

"Actually? Wow, that's sad." She joked, sniffing and wiping her nose with her sleeve. Void rolled his eyes, smiling, and patted her back. He told her to stay put for a moment as he looked around the room, rummaging through the drawers, he found what he was looking for.

He clicked the flashlight on, shining it away from Allen's face but allowing her to be able to have a light source. He passed her the flashlight calmly, sitting down next to her again as she held it and messed with the rubbery handle. "Preciate it." She gave a light nod as she spoke.

Void sat there, wondering how Damien, Stellar, and Eleanor were doing. Surely they were fine but it never hurt to worry for your friends. Even if none of them were scared of the dark.

-

"Be back soon. Please." Amy sighed, still not liking the fact that IT was going out alone. "I'll be fine. Karmi needs someone to stay with her while I go figure out this problem." Amy nods as Karmi holds her tighter as if she would disappear. Her fear of the dark preventing her from feeling safe without someone nearby. IT exits the room, flashlight held high as he looked through the darkness. Too be honest though, he really didn't need the flashlight. If someone came by, he'll maybe give it to them if they need it.

After a little walking, he made it to the stairwell and climbed down them. Eventually making it to the ground floor. Hopefully the receptionist was still awake. Maybe if he asked politely enough she could turn the lights back on.

He flinched at the loud sound, the noise of something metal clattering to the ground. It came from the back room behind the desk. He walked there slowly, only taking a peek into the room and seeing nothing accept a now broken lock on the floor. After a thorough look over and seeing no danger in sight, he walked over to it and looked at where it fell from. The open fuse box was practically a blessing.

He opened it up, pausing when he saw the cut wires. He turned once a noise came from behind him and he shined the light in the face of the figure that stood there. He flinched as the man in front of him bared his sharp teeth and covered his eyes.

"Calm the fuck down! I'm not a monster for christ sakes!" IT winced and apologized as the unknown man rubbed his eyes. IT directed the flashlight to point at the ground instead of at the stranger. "Thought I was about to be fucking murdered." He snatched the flashlight from IT smoothly as he grumbled. "Taking this shit since you can't seem to use it properly." IT nodded, deciding to just follow the man around.

"What's your name?" IT asked as he followed the man up the stairs. "Does it matter?" Said man huffed, noticeably annoyed. IT shrugged and decided to just ask where they were going.

"I need to get back to my room. My friend is afraid of the dark." He sighs. IT makes an o shape with his lips, sticking to following the guy even when they reached the floor he wasn't on. Far from the floor he was on.

"My friend, Karmi, is also afraid of the dark." IT speaks as they walk. "Ain't a contest." IT makes a few wild, dismissive, hand gestures at the assumption, "I would never think of it like that!" The man turned around and looked at him with a slightly pissed off look. "Okay? Then stop suggesting shit, weirdo."

They came to a halt at a room door. 306 to be exact. The door was instantly unlocked by the man and they both sauntered in. "M?" The guy called out. The lack of a response made the guy panic for a moment before he looked at a phone charger. One without a phone attached to it. He let out a sigh of relief, "He's got a light."

"That's good." IT says, giving two thumbs up to the guy. The man lets out a short relieved laugh. "Thought I'd come back to him crying, only does that when it's full on darkness. I can't comfort people well." The relief suddenly vanished from his face, turning back to a stern mood once he looked over at IT. "Names Silas, by the way." The earlier question finally was answered and IT gave a happy nod.

"Aren't we going to look for your friend?" Silas waves him off as he sits down on a bed, "He'll get back soon. He can't stand being alone in the dark for too long. Prolly' went out to find me and will realize I came back here." Silas shrugs and crosses his arms. "You should get back to your friend, though. I'm sure they wouldn't want you to abandoned them." His eyes narrowed and his frown deepened as if he had some unspoken grudge, making IT uncomfortable for a good moment.

"Right- right. Uh- bye. Keep the flashlight." Silas didn't respond as IT shut the door as he left. He practically ran to his room, bumping into a pale girl on the way who had her hands clutched close to her chest.

"Sorry! You okay?" She nods and he noticed after a few steps that she decided to follow him. He decided to just let it be and let her follow as he made it to his room. An act of kindness to her, he hoped. He let her in first, entering after her.

"Oh! That's my roommate!" Karmi instantly points out, her good mood having been returned. The room was as bright as heaven would be if he could imagine it. "Where'd you get all the lights?" IT asked, slightly wincing at the brightness. Amy pointed under the bed at the now empty container.

The pale girl silently sat on the floor, leaned up against the bed that Karmi and Amy sat on. "Sorry for leaving you alone." Karmi apologized to the girl who shrugged and leaned her head back. As if saying it was fine since she was back around people.

"Find a way to get the lights on?" Amy asked, her hands held lightly together on her lap. "Wires were cut. I don't know if that guy I met down there did it or what but I think I would've gotten a punch to the face for that assumption." IT chuckles a bit. Amy didn't laugh though, looking over her boyfriend a bit nervously. "He didn't hurt you though right?" IT shook his head, "Had no reason to. I went up to the top floor to try to help him find his friend. Guy wasn't there though." Amy nodded, standing up and giving IT a well needed hug. He returned the hug, holding her a little longer than usual despite having other people in the room.

"Think we should try to sleep again?" Karmi asked, noticing the negative head shake from her roommate who stayed sitting on the ground. "Never mind." Karmi smiles at her and lightly kicks her hovering feet that weren't long enough yet to touch the floor. "At this point we should share scary stories." IT jokingly suggests.