Eight: An Apology

Sixty comments and I will give you all a double update.
________________

'Future Leadership Uncertainty: Will Younger Alderidge Maintain Control, or Will Asael Stage a Comeback?'
read more...

________________

VERENA

I cursed myself through the entire day. If I had any idea that he was allergic to such smells then I would have never done anything like that.

Yes, I love irritating him but I don't wish to hurt him. If I had truly hated him then I would have had no problem in hurting him but I don't hate him. I just don't like him, besides, as a teacher, I have lots of respect for him.

"I am feeling really guilty, Ria, help me", I mumbled standing outside the class after we were notified of its cancellation.

"Say sorry, what else can you do?"

"Say sorry how? Just simply or in some other ways..."

Zahria gave me a pointed look. "What other ways are you thinking of?"

I groaned and shoved her away. "Not in that way, stupid. I am not that much of a pervert."

"Not to mention it's illegal."

"Right. Back to the problem. Should I go see him in his office, that's if he hasn't already left."

"You can...but you can meet him tomorrow only. Hopefully, he recovers by then."

My mind told me that it was alright and I could apologise tomorrow like Zahria said but my heart...it was worried, genuinely. What if he is extremely sick? Does he even have anyone here to take care of him?

Wait, wait, wait. Why the hell do I care? I am not supposed to care about him. He is just my teacher, nothing more or less.

I am just feeling guilty about what I did. That's it.

After assuring myself, I agreed with Zahira. "You are right. I'll talk to him tomorrow."

The rest of the day passed in a blur and I was soon back in my dorm but I just couldn't stop thinking about what happened today. The look on his face was filled with anger and hurt. Shit.

I paced our small living room, biting on my nails (I know it's unhygienic but I don't care). In the end, I decided to email him.

To: AsaelAlderidge@gmail.com

From: verena08@gmail.com

Subject: A sincere apology.

Mr Alderidge, I am extremely and genuinely sorry about what I did today. You did say that strong smells irritate you but I had no idea that you have an allergy to them. I mean I have never heard of such an allergy before but after researching it now, I am aware and really sorry for hurting you.
Keeping my bickering aside, you are an amazing teacher and I really respect you. I had no intention of hurting you so please forgive me. I apologise with the intent to never do anything like this.

Even if you don't forgive me right now, do let me know if you are okay or not.

-Verena, your not-so-favourite student.

I hit send without thinking twice and waited for his reply. I am not an egoistic person, I can accept my mistakes and offer apologies.

I waited for his reply patiently. Ten minutes passed. Then fifteen. Twenty. Thirty. Fourty.