Twenty-Three: Jealous

VERENA

"You both only made out and you are already glowing. I wonder what will happen when you will fuck." Zahria commented.

I couldn't blame her. I was overly cheerful this morning, almost jumping around as we walked to Asael's class. I was really excited to see him.

Grinning, I linked my arm with hers.

"The way he looks at you is so overwhelming." She added.

"Like how?" I asked.

"Like he only sees you."

Oh. My body tingled with warmth, a blush rising to my cheeks.

"Now you are blushing like a teenager. You are so in love, Ver."

Love. I had feelings for him but I never once labelled them as love. Despite my various flings and boyfriends I never felt that kind of love for anyone.

The kind where his every word sounds musical to you, where every look gives you butterflies, where you are unable to fall asleep at night because you can't stop fantasizing about him. The kind where his presence makes you feel safe and at peace.

Asael made me feel that way. No boyfriend or a fling has made me feel so special like Asael made me feel in a short time.

I loved him. Maybe it's too soon, maybe I don't even know his favourite colour or food but I have all the time in the world to know all that.

All I know and care about is that man is mature, responsible and knows how to respect others' decisions. He cares about me. Maybe my standards are low but right now, that's all that matters to me.

I was in love with my professor. It was forbidden but where love is concerned, other things don't matter.

Ria nudged me, pointing ahead. "Is that Cass?"

Standing at a distance, golden hair shone in the sun, deep blue eyes sparkled as Cass Marshal stood surrounded by a group of boys and girls. A senior of us and the son of Dad's acquaintance.

When I first arrived here, he was the one to guide me around, show me all the places, and make sure I was comfortable.

He became the older brother I never had.

Then he completed his studies and moved away, we are connected through social media but I had no idea he was visiting.

With a smile on my face, I made my way over to him with Zahria behind me.

I stood at the side as I said loud enough for him to hear, "Hey, Cass."

His head turned to me immediately, his smile widening as he stepped away from everyone and approached me. "Ver!"

I was engulfed in a bear hug with him ruffling my hair. "You didn't tell me you were going to visit," I complained.

He pulled back, still smiling. "I wasn't. I just happened to have some work here so I decided to drop by, it's so good to see you."

Zahria waved at him too and he pulled her into a side hug. "Good to see you too, Ria."

He looked at me again, hands cupping my face. "Are you studying properly?"

I rolled my eyes. "How many times have I told you to not act like my Dad?"

"What can I say? Old habits die hard. You will always remain little to me." He flicked my nose making me frown.

Chuckling, he dropped a light kiss on my temple before stepping back.

We talked for a minute more before we separated our ways.