Twenty-Two: Divorce

'Anonymous Accuser Alleges Psychopathic Traits in Arien Alderidge, Questions Leadership Ability'
read more...

__________________

VERENA

Me: Did you read the news? Lol. Who the hell has so much time to make stupid claims?

Asael: I am working on it.

Me: Is that why you cancelled the class today? Where are you anyway?

Asael: Yes.
I am busy with a few things. I won't be taking any classes for at least a week.

Me: Oh no, how will my day go well if I don't see you every day, sir?

Asael: Do I make your day better, weirdo?

Me: Maybe...
Not really to be honest. I see your face and I have this itch to trouble you. But then you get all petty and argue with me :⁠-⁠(

Asael: Is that so?

Me: Yup. Though you are less grumpy these days. I wonder why. Maybe of a certain student of yours ;⁠-⁠)

Asael: Verena?

Me: Yes? *wondering if you are going to say something really sweet*

Asael: Go study.

Me: fuck off. You are still an asshole. Bye.

Asael: Bye, my weirdo.

In conclusion, none of us mentioned last night. I was a little nervous about it. Maybe he had already forgotten which would be nice.

Or maybe he just lost all interest in me after I told him to wait.

That thought made my heart ache.

.
.
.

TWO WEEKS LATER...

Me: Mr Aaaalderidgeeee???? Where have you disappeared??????????? For your kind information, we are incurring a loss of our study because of you.
I am definitely not missing you.

A few hours passed by but I received no reply from him. I had no choice but to message Arien because I was getting worried.

Me: Hey. I was just wondering if you know where your cousin is and if he is okay or not.

Arien: He looks perfectly fine to me.

Me: He is with you?

Arien: Was. Just left.

Me: Okay, thanks.

So, he was with Arien. But is Arien still here or back in England? If Arien is here then Asael is here and if Arien is in England then that means he is in England---

Aargh! Stop.

No more worrying about him.

Sighing, I roamed around in my dorm, getting bored since Zahria had gone out to buy a few things. In the end, I settled on watching a movie.

Half an hour later, I was lying on our couch, watching the movie with half-closed eyes when the doorbell rang.

Finally, she is back.

As I got up to open the door, I wondered why she was ringing the bell. She already has the passcode.

I pulled open the door, ready to question her but halted upon seeing someone else entirely.