𝒐

prologue:
𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

prologue:𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

—————

Happiness. A word used for something exciting or interesting however you can always lose it so fast and so quickly. Well, Maya had that feeling in her hands before losing it.

A little Maya was currently watching her parents get ready for their work, her mother being a doctor and her father being a lawyer. Sure, they were always busy but they still somehow managed to spend with her, which made their family feel complete if she was happy.

"Mum? Dad?" She called out as she walked up to them. They both turn on their heel to look at her and they almost squeal. She was wearing a over sized pink sweater with a white skirt and gray sneakers. With her natural curly hair being in two little puffs.

"Yes, sweetie?" Her mother said while she was fixing her coat and puts a little hat on her daughter's head. "Why do I have to go to grandma's house today?" Not that she disliked her grandmother or anything, she was awesome but Maya didn't want to be away from her parents today.

"Now, Maya," her father begins, fixing his glasses with a smile. "You know that we've become very busy due to our jobs but we will always have time for you," he explained and kissed her on the forehead. "You're our princess."

She stared at her parents before smiling. "Yeah, a Princess! Making you two the King and Queen of the Tanaka family!" She said excited, grabbing both of their hands and walked out the door. The Tanaka family was slightly well-known from her parents careers so they were slightly wealthy.

Once they got into the car, they began driving on the streets of Tokyo. Maya stared out the window in wonder, she will always love living in Japan for as long as she lives.

"Hey, Maya," her father called out making the girl turn her head towards him with him looking back slightly. "What do you want to for dinner tonight? You get to pick." She becomes excited and pouts. "There's so many foods to choose from though." Her parents chuckled not noticing a truck swerving off and heading towards them.

Maya notices however and yells. "Mum! Dad!" She pointed. Just as they turned to the road, both vehicles collided.

—————

A now blank faced and slightly bandaged Maya was standing in front of two boys, one looking older than the other. "This will be your new sister," an old man said as he pat her softly on the head. "Manjiro, Shinchiro, meet Maya."

Manjiro stared at her for a moment. "She's our new sister?" He asked and gets close to her face. "She looks weird." Maya looks down in embarrassment as she fiddled with her fingers.

Shinchiro bonks him on the head. "Don't be mean, Manjiro," he looks down at her and smiled. "Welcome to the family, Maya." She stared back at him.

"T-Thank you." Her small voice surprised them but they both smiled at her. Her eyes shined lightly as her mouth trembled. "Thank you." Shinchiro pats her on head softly as Mikey offers her a lollipop which she takes gratefully.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

hey, long time no see!