𝒊𝒗

chapter four:
the future

chapter four:the future

—————

After shaking hands with Hinata's little brother, Naoto, Takemichi woke up on a hospital bed confused until he was introduced to the now older and alive Naoto Tachibana who asks for his help in trying to save his sister.

He was now in the sitting in Naoto's office, looking around in wonder. "Time travel," Naoto stated after putting up his coat. "I've observed something about your power. You jumped from the present, July 4th, 2017, to July 4th, 2005. Which means you can go back to the same date twelve years ago. I believe that is your power." He explained and there was soon a knock on his door. "She must be here." He walks over to the door as Takemichi looked at him in confusion.

"She?" When he opens the door, a young woman with a dark complexion walks into the room. She wasn't dressed seriously like Naoto was but she looked serious with her arms crossed.

"Takemichi Hanakagi," She stated as she gave him a hard look that made him nervous but it's soon stopped by Naoto who bonks her lightly on the head. "Stop it. You're going to make him wet himself." Takemichi pouts as the woman laughs while holding her stomach.

"Gomen, gomen," she apologized as she wiped a tear away. "Hello, I'm Hairi Gotoo." She sticks her hand out and he shakes it.

'Wait Gotoo?' He thought and it's like she read his mind, she smiled as she pulled out her phone to show a picture

'Wait Gotoo?' He thought and it's like she read his mind, she smiled as she pulled out her phone to show a picture. "Yep, I'm the younger sister of Kora Gotoo," The picture showed the two along with Maya Sano. The three looked so bubbly and happy in the photo as Maya held Hairi in her arms as Kora took the picture with a funny face.

As Takemichi was about to ask where the two girls were now, she interrupts him. "But we aren't here to reminisce the past, we got some work to do." She spoke seriously making Naoto nod along with Takemichi who was a bit more nervous.

—————

A few days had passed since the train incident and Takemichi was tiredly looking through a laptop with Naoto guiding him through it and Hairi currently being out. 'I'm so tired.' He thought. "There, that's important." Naoto said which interrupted his train of thought.

"Huh? Uh, right." Naoto continued to lecture him on and on while he nodded off a bit.

'For two days since then, I've been locked in Naoto's apartment and haven't slept a wink.' Takemichi yawned but jumps upon hearing Naoto clear his throat. "You need to pack as much information as possible about the Tokyo Manji Gang into your head," the male explained to him. "In that report, you'll find some of what the Tokyo Manji Gang has been up to that hasn't been reported by the media. That's information my predecessor risked his life gathering," Naoto said and Takemichi scrolled through the computer to see a dead body. "That last photo is actually him."

Takemichi turned to him as he continued to explain everything.

"But is this all necessary to save Tachibana?" Takemichi asked just as Hairi walked into the room with snacks in hand.

"Yes, it is, Takemichi-san," He jumps at her words and she laughs lightly. "Even if there was little evidence, we would still do everything in our power to save her." She explained and looked down slightly. 'And save Maya-san as well.'

Naoto soon continued. "If there's one problem with your power, it's that you can only go back to this date twelve years ago."

"But that's just your observation," Takemichi told him. "You're apparently alive right now, so what happened back then must be real, but I don't even know if I can go back aga-"

"If we can go back to the day my sister died and keep her from going to that festival, it might be possible to save her," Naoto interrupted him and Hairi pats his shoulder comfortingly. "But since we can't go back to the exact date we want, we'll do everything we can right now. You need to go back in time immediately, to when you were in middle school twelve years ago, and meet a certain someone."

"A certain someone?" Hairi pointed to the board in the room. "Toman has two leaders. Sano Manjiro and... Kisaki Tetta." She explained which scared Takemichi as he stared at the photos while she glared at Kisaki's photo.

"Sano and Kisaki..." Naoto started. "If these two had never met, the current Tokyo Manji Gamg never would've existed. Which means that my sister wouldn't have to die, either."

"I see. If I go back to being in middle school again and stop those two from meeting..." Takemichi stated. "I-I mean, I get it, but how am I supposed to go to the past again?"

"Takemichi-kun, you said that when you came back, you should hands with me."

"Yeah." He answered. "That might be the trigger. You saved me back then. And because of that, I may have become part of your powers." Naoto explained which made Takemichi realize.

"Takemichi-kun, are you ready?"

"Yeah."

And with that Takemichi Hanagaki was sent back to the past.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

do you guys want longer chapters???