𝙰 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚊𝚜𝚝 | 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

"𝙼𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚍𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝

"𝙼𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚍𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝."

A DARKER PAST | 3

A DARKER PAST | 3

"ALRIGHT GUYS, GOOD JOB!" KINSELY TOLD all off the girls who had showed up to soccer tryouts that day. "The results should be posted for tomorrow. We have our first meeting tomorrow night because we need to get started on this season ASAP. Only players and parents are allowed at this meeting."

The girls in front of her nodded before dispersing to grab their things. The freshman and sophomores made their way to cars that were waiting for them, while the others walked towards the parking lot. Daniela and Dawn finished packing and made their way to help Kinsely pack up the gear she had brought for training.

"I take it coach didn't show up again." Daniela said, looking around sarcastically.

"No, I asked him if I could take over tryouts for today." Kinsely said, grabbing her ball bag and packing the soccer balls she brought.

"You want us to take anything?" Dawn asked, putting the cones and bag of stopwatches in Kinsely's soccer gear bag.

Kinsely pulled out her phone from her soccer backpack that held her personal items.

"No, I'm good. Get outta here. You guys gotta finish homework and Daniela has to study her lines." Kinsely said as she opened her phone to read a text their coach had sent her.

"See you later, Ken!" Daniela and Dawn called as they walked towards the gate that formed as an exit from the pitch.

Kinsely grabbed her ball bag and slung if over her shoulder. She slung one backpack strap over her other shoulder, and she put her phone in her backpack's front pocket. Kinsely grabbed her soccer gear bag and took out her keys as she walked towards the parking lot where she had parked her car. She walked up to her car and used her keys to open up her trunk.

"Kinsely!" a familiar voice called, and she turned to see Ricky walked towards her with his hands in his jacket pocket.

"Hey, Ricky, what's up?" Kinsely said as he stopped in front of her. She tossed her ball bag in the back, and she put her soccer gear bag to the side of the trunk.

"I just noticed you were leaving the school, so I thought we could talk about the auditions today." Ricky said with a small shrug.

"Yeah, um, I'm going to be honest, I thought Nini was going to get Gabriella." Kinsely said, as she sat down on the back of her trunk and pulled out her light blue crocs so she could change into something more comfortable.

"Well, I just want to say, Congrats, but I have one question." Ricky said, and Kinsely nodded.

"Okay." Kinsely said as she took off her cleats and pulled her shin guards out of her socks. "Ask away."

"Why are you at school so late?" Ricky asked with slightly furrowed eyebrows.

"I could ask you the same thing. But if you want to know, I had to run soccer tryouts tonight because my coach had a family emergency to attend to." Kinsely explained, as she put her stuff away and grabbed her backpack as she pulled her trunk closed.

"Well, I guess I just needed a place to come because my mom was supposed to come home from Chicago, but she hasn't, so it's just me and my dad." Ricky explained, and Kinsely looked down.

"You should cherish the moments and time you have with your dad more, Ricky. You don't know when the last time you'll see him is." Kinsely said, as her eyes began to water slightly.

"Why do you say that?" Ricky asked in slight confusion.

Kinsely became silent as she looked down.

"Well, here, um, imagine this. It's Valentine's Day, and your parents go out for a date night, because it's Valentine's Day. You then get a call from the local hospital how, your parents were in a car crash, and didn't make it. You thought your night would go normally, but it didn't." Kinsely explained, as a tear fell down her face. "I know how that feels."

Ricky's face fell in realization as he looked at her in sadness.

Kinsely offered him a small sad smile, and she turned around and walked around her car as she opened the driver side door. She threw her backpack in the passenger seat, and she closed the door once she sat down. She turned on her car, and she pulled out of the parking spot. She drove away from Ricky, only looking at him through her mirror as he stared at her car pulling out of East High. Kinsely sighed as the tears finally fell from her face.

Her parents had really died on February 14, 2013 when she was only 10 years old. Since her oldest brother, Andrew, was 18 he was able to become her legal guardian.

Maybe that was why she could never commit to a relationship, because she was so worried she would end up the same way. However, one thing she always wondered is, why her siblings rarely acknowledge her.

~~~

A/N: This is a short filler chapter, is I'm very sorry. However, next chapter will be longer. I promise. I might make it very long. Love you guys and see you in the next chapter!