𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚂𝚘 𝙳𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 | 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

"𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕

"𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕. 𝙸 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚛, 𝚜𝚘 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘 𝚊𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚖𝚎."

8 | NOT SO DIFFERENT

KINSELY STOOD FIVE FEET AWAY FROM EJ PURPOSFULLY, as they were getting ready to stage the duet. There were a lot of small mumbles of confusion because normally the two of them would be ecstatic to be acting together.

"Can I get you to move a little closer to each other?" Miss Jenn asked, gesturing for them to move towards each other. The two took a small step towards each other. "Little more. Come on, guys we're blocking this as a love story not a SARS epidemic." EJ finally moved and just walked up to stand right next to Kinsely.

"I think that chair was over there." Carlos says, gesturing to the desk chair set up on the corner of the stage.

"I can move it over in the scene." Kinsely quickly said as she moved to pick up the chair.

"Feels awkward." Miss Jenn commented, trying to make Kinsely not worry about it.

"No it's light. I can lift it above my head and walk." Kinsely said about to pick it up over her head, but she was stopped by Miss Jenn.

"Sweetie, no one is walking with furniture on their head. This isn't The Lion King." Miss Jenn said, and Kinsely stepped back into her spot. Miss Jenn turned to Big Red. "Strike the chair, please."

"With what?" Big Red asked in confusion.

"Take it away, remove it." Miss Jenn said in a 'duh' tone.

Big Red walked up to the chair and took it as he walked to the other side of the small stage.

"Troy, once the intro begins cross downstage and plant yourself at the piano. Which should be further downstage, okay?" Miss Jenn said, and Big Red looked at her in confusion as he push the piano towards the wall. "No, dear that would be upstage." Big Red nodded and he pulled the piano towards him. "Okay, Gabriella, you slowly approach the piano and rest an arm on it, naturally. Can we make sure her book bag is off stage right?"