SEVEN - She Might Want a Kiss Before The End of This Song

She might want a kiss, before the end of this song

"You look good."

Mateo was lying on Caroline's bed as she tried on a variety of potential outfits for her first date with Harry. The girl was very picky when it came to outfits for special occasions, taking hours to choose her look. Mateo would normally say she was taking way too long, but since he was her best friend, he was heavily involved in her near-nonexistent love life.

"But do I look good enough?" Caroline asked, desperation laced in her voice. She was insanely nervous for her first official date, feeling a tad bit more insecure than usual.

"You look great, stunning, showstopping, literally any adjective for pretty. Harry will be blown away when he sees you."

Caroline laughed off her friend's comment as she did a little twirl in the mirror. She had chosen a flowy white tank top littered with twisting blue flowers and black jean shorts to keep it simple, but still nice. As she applied the final touches of makeup Delilah entered her daughter's room, admiring her daughter's beauty.

"I agree with Mateo, you look beautiful honey. Let me take a picture of you to show Susannah and Laurel since you won't be at the book party."

The girl stifled a groan as her mother made her do a variety of poses, stating that the moms needed at least ten different photos of her. As much as she complained in her mind about her mothers over the over-the-top actions, she knew Susannah would compliment her and ask a million questions about the date as soon as she saw her.

Eventually, the time came for Harry to pick her up, her phone lighting up with a text that he was outside. Caroline kicked her mom and Mateo out as she slid on her sneakers and made her way outside. When she stepped outside, Harry was leaning against the car almost causing the girl to swoon on the spot. She gave herself a moment to admire him in the sunlight, unknown feelings flushing in her chest.

"You look... just wow." The boy said as Caroline approached him, a wide smile on his face as he stared down at her. "Ready to go?"

Caroline responded with a simple nod of her head, causing Harry to walk over to her side, and open the car door for her. A small smile sat on her face while the boy beside her started the car, pulling out of her driveway.

"What movie are we seeing by the way?"

"Some old Audrey Hepburn movie, Roman Holiday I think?"

"No way, I love that movie," Caroline said, a tiny bit of shock laced in her voice alongside excitement. "I had to watch it in Italian like two years ago, plus my mom and Susannah rewatch it almost every summer."

Harry smiled as the girl rambled on as he drove, falling into a comfortable silence as Caroline spoke.

———