Nine

Mila's POV

"Milenaaaaaa!"

I glanced up from changing the lens on my camera to find Harry running over, grin on his face in the orange outfit I had just taken photos of prior. "Yesss?" I question with a smile, letting my camera hang lower so I can give him my full attention. He had an energy radiating off of him tonight that only meant it was gonna be a fun show, especially one to photograph, although I hadn't seen a low energy show yet and wasn't truly sure that was possible for him.

"I think we need a preshow handshake." He stated firmly, cheeky grin on his face as he planted his hands on his hips.

I cocked my head to the side, a clear look of amusement covering my face as I raised both brows. "Oh, do we now?"

"Absolutely. I mean, we're 5 shows deep and I don't know how we made it this far without one." His green eyes were a little wider, almost like this should have been obvious to me as well.

"Mmm...you may have a point..." I let my hands fall to my hips, "Although, I do find handshakes pretty sacred so if you're just giving them out to everyone..." I let my voice fade out, forming a tight line with my lips as my shoulders rose and dropped quickly.

He leaned forward towards me, so close that his minty breath was cascading down the side of my face onto my neck, sending an unexpected a burst of chills down my spine. "You don't think I'm the kind to have handshakes with just anyone, do ya Mills?" I could hear the smirk in his voice as his whisper filled my ear, mentally scolding myself for letting my eyes wonder to where his shirt was draped open, exposing the swallows and very top of the butterfly that adorned his skin.

Dammit, it was hard not to stare and relish in his beauty.

As he took a step back creating more of a gap between us, I felt a sense of relief wash over me, trying to shake off the millisecond moment I had let myself fall into. "I suppose you don't seem like the kind..."

His cheeks caved in with my words, eyes bright as he lifted his chin ever so slightly. "Well, I suppose I'm gonna need to hang out with you more so you know what kind of person I am."

Ignore the feeling in the pit of your stomach, Mila. You're here to do a job.

My inner monologue scolded, "Hmmm...maybe." I shrugged, the smile had yet to leave my face. The time before curtain was called from somewhere behind Harry, in which he just turned to acknowledge with a thumbs up, his focus quickly returning to me. "Alright, Superstar, it's almost your time to shine so you better hurry and show me this handshake before it's too late."

"Awh-" Harry put his hand on his chest, batting his long eyelashes at me, lips pressed into a tight smile. "You think I'm a superstar?!"

He staggered back ever so slightly at my playful push, "You're ridiculous!"

"Alright, Alright-" Harry laughed lightly, throwing his ring covered hands up in front of him. "Follow my lead?" He asked, to which I nodded, putting my hand out in front of me to initiate the handshake.

Through different movements and intertwining's of our fingers, Harry had guided me through what was now apparently a vital part of his pre-show ritual. My small hands against his own had teasing comments slipping from his tongue throughout the process, but I didn't mind. "Alright, one more time and I think we got it!" He smiled, to which I obviously oblige, running through the handshake smoothly one last time before he was called to take his spot underneath the stage.

I followed closely as he ducked into the small lift he would be rising up from to start the show. "Better have the best show of your life because of our handshake." I pointed, grabbing onto my camera preparing for the shot I had in mind.