Twelve

A/N

this is kinda a long one 😬would love any feedback!!!hope you enjoy! -C

____

Mila's POV

"Coming!" The heels of my hands dug into my tired, blurry eyes before tugging my robe closer to my body, trudging my way to the door of my hotel room. There was a very high chance I had one too many last night, but thankfully the pain in my head was nothing more than a dull ache for the time being, making a mental note to get a coffee the second I was done figuring out who was at my door.

As my eye met the peep-hole of the door, nothing but an empty hallway appeared, confusion causing my brow to furrow. "Hmmm..." I hummed, stepping back only to immediately step forward to take another glance, not surprised to find the same emptiness as before. "I swear someone knocked..." I muttered to myself, taking another step back, but this time swinging the door open to take a glance instead of the peep-hole, once again only to be met with absolutely nothing.

Just as I was about to close the door and question my sanity, my eyes drifted towards the ground, a smile big enough to make my cheeks hurt pulling at my lips as a bouquet of daisies appeared right at my feet. Without hesitation I knelt towards the ground, carefully picking up the bouquet, the paper crinkling in my hands while I did a scope of the hallway to see if I could find a sign of whoever had left the flowers, but alas, there wasn't a soul in sight.

Stepping back into my room with the door shutting behind me, I brought the daisies close to my face, breathing in the calming, sweet aroma before admiring their beauty. With a deeper look, a small card appeared tucked into the side of the wrapping spiking my curiosity more than it had already been as I pulled it from its hiding space. My name was across the envelope, taking away the possibility of them being delivered to the wrong room. I quickly removed the small card, opening it to find handwriting that could only be from one person.

Mila,

Pick you up at 4 for some of
the best Italian food you will
ever have outside of Italy.
(Don't worry, I promise the
dessert won't disappoint :P)

Can't wait!
H

I rested the card against my chest, my focus drifting back to the flowers in hand. The smile wasn't faltering on my face, rather bigger than it was when I first saw the flowers, and I could almost swear I felt my heart speed up for just a moment that had since calmed down to it's normal speed.

Is this a date?

If it was a date he surely would have said something, right? Do I want this to be a date? Wouldn't that be hypocritical of me? Should I tell him I can't make it?

Shut up, Mila. 

I tried to quickly pull myself from my thoughts, I mean, this is what Harry and I did, right? This was the kind of friendship we had grown over the last few weeks. The banter, the bets, all of it was simple and I didn't need to try to complicate it, didn't need to overthink.

The clock sitting on the nightstand seemed to bring me back, the sudden realization that I had stayed in bed for far too long as my eyes found 2:00PM beaming brightly across the screen, practically screaming at me that I had a measly two hours to pull the messy state I was currently in, together, and boy did those two hours go by far too quickly.

"Come on, Ev!" I groaned, staring at myself as I awaited her answer, the annoyingly loud Facetime tune bouncing around my eardrums. She was the only one out of the group I had mentioned any of this to, knowing good and well Luna would be upset, but I couldn't think about that right now. I released a disappointed huff at the unanswered call, sitting my phone on the small table beside me before making my way over to the full length mirror just on the other side of the room.