Fourteen

Mila's POV

The remaining wine in my glass sloshed around as I shifted putting one leg on top of the other, the entire group of us sitting closely around the blazing bonfire that sat on the secluded patio portion of the hotel bar.

This space was without a doubt one of my favorites out of all the places we had gathered so far, the privacy walls draped with greenery, various types of chairs and couches strewn about as café lights illuminated the space above us. It was far different than the space held on the other side of the frosted door, far more cozy and less formal, I loved that.

"I can't wait to see the photos from tonight, especially the gender reveal!" Elin clapped her hands excitingly, clasping her fingers together under her chin. "Just seeing her reaction to the news made me tear up. Shame she probably won't see the photos though."

Harry's gaze caught mine from across the fire briefly as I turned to smile at Elin, "Actually, I had a little chat with her after the concert and grabbed her email so I could send her the photos once I'm done editing." I admitted before taking a small sip of my Moscato. "That's why I was running a little behind."

"Oh my god, that's so sweet-" Ny gasped, clutching her glass to her chest. "They're going to cherish those photos forever."

"Hey!" Harry whined from his spot between Pauli and Mitch, "What about me? I did the actual reveal!"

Mitch bit back a laugh, shaking his head. "Harold, your narcissism is showing."

Suppressing a laugh, I let the rest of the wine flow smoothly down my throat. As if on cue, my phone began to ring with a photo of Patrick and I covering the screen. I excused myself quietly from the group as the conversation continued, making my way towards the bar in the corner as I answered. "Wow, look who remembered he had a friend-" I teased, pausing just before reaching the bar. I could feel a pair of eyes burning into me from behind, but I kept my focus ahead. 

"I know, I've been shit at keeping in touch..." He chuckled lightly, but I couldn't help but sense a hesitancy in his tone, something bothering him. "Won't be winning friend of the year any time soon, especially after you hear why I'm calling..." 

My brow furrowed with his words as a slight flush of worry covered my features. "What did you do?" 

Patrick sighed deeply from the other end of the call, more than likely tugging at his hair like he usually did when he was stressed. "I haven't done anything...yet...listen, you know I wouldn't do anything to upset you on purpose, right? You trust me, and you know that business is strictly business...and I don't want you randomly hearing this from someone else or being blindsided-" 

"What's going on, Pat?" My tone was less lighthearted, just wanting him to cut to the chase to avoid the wave of nerves beginning to build up inside of me. 

"Wesley came to the agency today-" Just hearing the first words pushed the nerves aside, letting slight anger and annoyance take over instead. "I'm going to be working with him for Dior...it's a two year contract." 

Harry's eyes caught mine as I glanced up from where my eyes had dropped to the ground. There was a flash of concern and I caught the way his brow furrowed just as I looked away. 

I can only imagine how my face looks right now. 

"That's incredible, Pat." 

Good, make it sound like you don't wanna vomit. 

"Uh...yeah, actually...it is-" Uncertainty filled his words. "Look, I didn't even know he worked with them, Mils. He requested me." 

This made me brow raise.