Thirteen

Mila's POV

"Tell us, now."

Giving my eyes a slight roll, I chuckled at Emmy's typical bluntness. "Hi to you too, Em-" To my surprise, all four of the girls are gathered around a laptop in my living room, well also Luna's and Evelyn's , but still, I feel a tug in my chest seeing them all together without me. "Sorry for having to change the time, we left a little later than planned and privacy can be a little hard to come by these days..."

"Is everything okay?" Luna asks, curiosity with a hint of concern lacing her eyes. "You don't look like you wanna cry, or that you've been crying, so I'm calling that a win-"

"True, no sign of tears." Evy chimes in. "Where even are you right now?" She asks, bag of sour gummy worms crinkling in her hands before sinking her teeth into one.

"Everything's great - better than great, really." A genuine smile pulls at the corners of my mouth, the simple memory of Harry and I in Chicago entering my mind. "And I'm currently in a dressing room in Nashville-" I shrug, replacing the SD card in my camera with a fresh one. "Don't normally get one to myself, but we didn't have time to stop by the hotel before coming to the venue so have to get ready here."

Impatience sparkled in Emmy's eyes as she sighed, arms crossing over her chest. "Is no one else wanting to figure out what's going on?!"

"Patience is a virtue, Em, geez." Alice nudged her gently, only to receive a glare in return.

I could hear the familiar British drawl in the hallway, excitement sparking in my chest just knowing Harry was close.

I'm so screwed.

"So, what's going on?" Luna chimed in, bringing my focus back to the screen and away from the noise happening just outside my door. "Must be pretty good if you refused to tell us over text."

"Well-" I took a deep breath. "-for starters I ran into Wesley at a restaurant in Chicago-actually I didn't run into him, he approached me." I watched as their jaws simultaneously dropped, eyes not only wide but filled with confusion at how casually it slipped from my lips. "Oh, and his girlfriend was with him."

Alice was now fully engaged, moving ever so slightly closer to the camera. "You're....smiling?" She cocked her head to the side before glancing at the girls around her who had similar looks on their faces. "I'm sorry, I'm confused. Did you finally ruin him or something? Trip him? Throw your drink on him?"

"If she didn't, then I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed." Evy said, sitting up a little straighter than she was before. "You seem eerily okay that this happened....which makes me think there's more to this story..."

Before I could get another word out, a knock at the door grabbed my attention. "One sec-" I threw a finger up, gesturing to the door. "Come in-" Trying to fight the smile once I saw Harry's head peak into the room was impossible, a slight blush already taking place on my cheeks and he hadn't even said anything. We hadn't been alone together since Chicago, and I guess technically we weren't alone now considering I had four girls watching my every move on my computer screen. "Hey!"

Harry held onto the doorframe as he leaned back, glancing up and down the hallway before resting against the left side, arms crossing over his very exposed chest. He was wearing a light sequin suit, no undershirt but suspenders, jacket fully open, and he looked damn good.  "Hey beautiful-" I kept my eyes on him, knowing that the girls were probably losing their minds on the other side. It was too quiet, which meant one of them must have thankfully muted the mic. At this point, there was no stopping the red tint draping over my cheeks or the twinge I felt in the put of my stomach. "Almost showtime, you about ready?" His grin matched mine, tongue running quickly over his bottom lip before being pulled by his teeth.