prologue

You guys this took a while to come out, sorry about that but it's here!
~

TW: Violence, sexual assault, sex themes, uncomfortable dialogue, foul language, drug addiction mention

A/N: YALL IM A BIT STUPID AND MADE HALF THIS CHAPTER BASED ON THE READER BEING A GIRL! IM SO SORRY!! PLEASE JUST IGNORE THAT MALE/ NON-BINARY READERS (FORGIVE ME)

(FIRST PERSON POV)
(PRIDE, HELL)

I groaned as I woke up to the busy noises of imp city. It hadn't been long since I got here, but I just couldn't stay in Lust any longer. I had to get out of there, so I ran off here, Pride.

These couple of days I've found it easy to live a "stable" life: kill, steal, eat, repeat.

And also do my best to keep away my drug addiction. Ever since I finally managed to quit by some heavenly miracle, even though it was a hard process, I swore to never waste my body like that. Ever. But every time I see it, it's like it's calling to me...
But whatever! I can't!

The wealthy people here are usually easy to rob, but if they put up a fight, they'll definitely lose. Not to brag or anything, but, I'm quite skilled when it comes to guns B)

So I'm struggling a lot less than I was in Lust... yes, people have offered to help me out (by some miracle), but I declined. I can't afford to make that mistake twice.

I lazily crawled out of my cardboard box... (oh wait! I didn't mention I'm homeless? Oops, well, now you know!)

I looked up at the blood red sky, and my stomach grumbled. Fuck! Am I hungry again? I ate all my food last night... ughh...

I stood up, threw on a black oversized shirt and a black beanie, and grabbed my gun and a bag. Why am I doing this so early? Because my body always wants to demand food at the worst of times.

I found a nearby tap and quickly washed my face to wake myself up. Then, I made my way to a small cafe around the block. As soon as I entered, I shot a lightbulb in the ceiling. Shattered glass pieces spread around the dark room, since the light was gone. Now I had everyone's attention.

"Listen, I won't hurt any of you, just as long as we can keep this nice and easy... riight?" I smiled as I pointed my gun all around the room, demonstrating that i could shoot anyone if I wanted to. "Now, I'm sure you know the drill. Money in the bag." I threw my bag on the ground.

The frightened cafe ladies did as I said, emptying all their cash registers and putting all the cash in my bag using their shaky hands.

I crossed my arms and looked down at the bag, then I deadpanned at the cafe ladies, scaring them more. See, every single move counts. Looking down at them showed them that I wouldn't have mercy if they didn't do as I said. And even though i wouldn't do that, they would cooperate better if they thought so. I then took the bag and threw it over my shoulder. My stomach grumbled again. Ugh, not now! I quickly snatched a croissant and swayed to the exit.

"Thanks, bai~" I said waving goodbye sweetly before I stuffed the croissant in my mouth. That was pretty easy, at least I have food now.

As I made my way back to my "home", I walked past a dark alley, and thought I saw something shiny. I took some steps back and peeked in the alley. Yes, there was something shiny, but I couldn't make it out. Curiosity got the better of me and I creeped inside the alley. As I got closer to the shiny object, I realized it was... gold?!

"The fuck...?" I whispered under my breath. Who in their right mind would leave a box of pure gold in a creepy alley in the middle of a city? I really didn't care though, neither did I think twice before I hurried to the box at the end of the alleyway. But when I was like 3 steps away from it, a trap got activated. I yelped as a huge sack lifted itself and trapped me inside. Of course! How could I have been so damn stupid?