Part 7

Part 7
"Are we in the clear yet?"
[Trigger warning]

Something that Sierra didn't realise when she joined Crosshair with his brothers was the risk. She was a target too, and they were hiding something from her.

She knew they were vulnerable, but in what way? She didn't know. She felt like a burden, an intruder. Crosshair was their brother, Sierra was a medic they would see every 30-50 rotations, not even that. She was an outsider, and she had never felt like this before.

After the attack, they did odd jobs. Sierra would stay back most of the time. She could barely shoot a blaster, which is why she got so mad when Crosshair left her with omega. She knew her capabilities, they wouldn't even protect herself.

She had soldiers and Jedi surrounding her during the clone wars, a medic with a blaster was pretty much unheard of. Now the jedi were gone, and the soldiers were left to the streets or scattered across the galaxy trying to survive.

Sierra had a lot of time to think when she was alone. Too much time in her opinion.

She would prepare for injuries for when the boys returned,  yet she found herself useless. They could protect themselves, tech knew how to treat wounds on the field. She was absolutely useless.

She thought about leaving- but Crosshair. It was no life for a love- but she couldn't deny her feelings for him.

"I want to stay." Sierra announced infront of the four men. "I can't just stay sitting around, I want to help."

Hunter looked to her. "I don't think there is much to do, Sierra." His face was blank, unreadable. "You're a good medic, I don't think wrecker would be up and running if it wasn't for you." He laughed.

Sierra shook her head. "You guys don't get hurt enough!" She said almost half sarcastically with a chuckle. "Medicine is my specialty but working with the empire doesn't work for me." She glanced over to Crosshair. "I'm on the run now, no going back."

"I believe what she's trying to tell us is that she wants to be one of us." Tech blurted out.

Sierra chuckled. "I mean he's got sort of the point." She smiled at tech softly. "At least teach me how to use a blaster properly." She laughed.

Wreaker went completely wide eyed. "You don't know how to use a blaster?!" He yelled.

"Shhh...Omega is sleeping, Wrecker." Hunter said with a stern voice.

"Sorry.." Wrecker said softly. "You don't know how to use a blaster?!" He repeated, this time whisper-yelling.

"I've used one, just not properly." Sierra said, unfolding her arms and lowering her shirt to reveal a blaster scar on her shoulder.

Crosshair looked as if he was hiding a laugh while tech and Hunter looked almost shocked, however Wrecker was the most honest with his reaction and began laughing trying to keep quiet.

"Laugh all you want, good thing I was training as a medic at the time and was able to practice on myself." She rolled her eyes. "Look I'm not embarrassed, laugh all you like."

"Let's try not let that happen again." Was all the hunter said about the situation before turning to the nav system to continue his search.

Sierra left the main compartment to the bunk room and shut the door. Looking at the four bunks there was a difference between each one, Wrecker was a mess, bedding up by the pillow but his Lula was no where to be seen which meant omega had it.

The other three bunks were shared between all of them, only now one was reserved for Sierra since she joined the crew. Crosshair often shared with her but would either sleep against the wall out of view of his brothers or sneaked off before anyone woke up.

Sierra understood that keeping their relationship a secret was a good thing. Their crew came first before themselves and they both planned to keep it that way.

"So did you lie to me about stunning those clones on Barton IV?" Crosshair asked, standing in the doorway after opening the door.

Sierra rolled her eyes jokingly. "No, that wasn't a lie." She said softly, not looking at him. "Stun is completely different to blaster fire, I thought you were a hella good sniper-" Sierra turned quickly to see Crosshair standing right in front of her.

"Im not serious, Mesh'la." He said in a quiet voice.
He subtly moved his hand behind him and closed the door while him.

She rolled her eyes playfully again when Crosshair pressed his lips on hers and formed a deep kiss.

Sierra managed to place a hand behind his neck before she pulled apart, hearing movement from the gun mount.

When Sierra looked to Crosshair he shrugged, while Sierra was hearing restless movements and muttering. She left Crosshair and climbed up the ladder to see what the noise was about.

Omega was still sleeping, wrapped up in blankets and cuddling Lula. Her cheek had a tear running down it. Sierra first assumed it was just a bad dream, so she carefully sat next to where the girl laid and gently shook her arm to wake her.

"Don't take me! I don't want to go back!" Is what she screamed at Sierra as she shot up from her sleep and quickly moved herself to the corner.

Sierra had seen her part of trauma with soldiers, but Omega was no solider. She was a child.

"Hey...'mega it's me Sierra, I'm here." Omega looked up to the young women with realisation. Quickly grabbing her into a hug and sobbing on her shoulder.

Sierra whispered to see to keep her calm, as her father used to for her. "They still want me." Is what omega couldn't stop repeating until she slowly calmed down.

Sierra laid omega back down, bringing up her blankets and Lula. She could hear hunter and Crosshair talking about omega, so Sierra decided to stay with her. She laidback next to her and made sure she knew that she was with her.