~ | Seven | ~

Emily had purposely chosen an apartment in D.C. Even though it was far from Quantico, it was the perfect distance from Declan to be safe.

She definitely didn't feel welcomed to the team. It was clear that they didn't want her hear, she had heard whispers about Agent Greenaway, who she replaced, after the agent had been shot in her home she went rouge. The BAU's old wounds hadn't healed.   

Aaron Hotchner definitely didn't trust Emily Prentiss. He knew that her mother was a powerful political figure, so asking her up front would do no good. Hearing Jason Gideons recount of her first case just added more fuel to his fire. 

He hadn't hired anyone after Elle went rouge. He was to worried he would mess it up again. A few weeks ago Strauss came to him and told him that she had hired and new Agent and not to worry. Usually it was the Units Cheif to hire new Agents, Strauss wanted her here for a reason.

His suspicions went further on when he saw her embracing congressman Steyer. After that she went on to question him, infront of the team.

He called her up to his office, he noticed the worring glances coming from Morgan and Garcia. Penelope Garcia, being her true self had immediately warmed up to Prentiss.

There was no doubt that she was a good Agent. He had watched her effortlessly talk to the prostitutes with no bias. And weeks earlier was how she had aided Reid and Gideon getting information.

"Have a seat" Hotch gestured to the seat infront os his desk. Prentiss hesitantly took a seat. "Did you leak information to Congressman Steyer?"

Emily looked at him clearly shocked. "No I didn't"

"You have done good work I can't deny that, but if its one thing I can't stand, it's a political agenda" his anger was flaring, he stood up.

Staying calm Emily replied, "I'm sorry if a touched a nerve put there, but I don't deserve to be treated like this. I didn't leak anything to Congressman Steyer and I didn't join the BAU for a political agenda"

Emily stood up to face him, "You don't believe me" Emily always had a knack for finding the truth.

"How about you tell me how you got here, because I didn't sign the paperwork. Did the Pentagon send you here as a spy?"

"I requested a transfer from the Pentagon. I needed a change of scenery. I was told to show up here and I did. Agent Hotchner I do not appericiate being accused of being a spy or having a political agenda."

Hotch say down defeated. "Okay, but I need you to do a tactical assessment with Morgan"

"I passed the one at the Acadamy" Emily says taking a seat.

"I know but I like to get a measure of the capacity of this teams members" Emily nods.
"For what it's worth I apologise, but I don't appreciate being played a pawn in someone's game and I don't think u do either"

Emily looks him in the eyes. An apology is some she did not accept from Aaron Hotchner. "Accepted, but with all do respect, I'm not a pawn in anyone's game, I'm the queen of my own. I would like to get back to find out who is killing these prostitutes. Sir". Only Emily Prentiss can make sir seem like an insult. And with that Emily walks out.

.

Emily didn't have time to ask Morgan about tactical training because before she knew he it he was in Chicago and the team was following.

This was not the way that Emily wanted to find out about her colleague.

Hotch was treating her carfully. Gideon kept his distance only talking to her when necessary. Reid had warmed up to her, and Jennifer and Morgan bot seemed wary.