~ | Eight | ~

Jennifer Jareau had never felt hatred this strong before. She absolutely hated Emily Prentiss. Since she had joined the team Reid hadn't shut up about her. He always had something to say. First is was how she had helped Gideon get through to Jind Allah, which was the reason they saved all those lives. Then he kept going on about how she found the truth about Morgan, even before he did.

Garcia was immediately taken by Emily. Even Morgan was being swayed by Emily Prentiss. Just because she hadn't shouted out his business, he immediately trusted her. Emily Prentiss was perfect on all fronts. It started out as a dislike, but grew to a hatred after Emily got a perfect score on the tactical training. An agent fresh from the academy, who previously worked a desk job had done better than her. JJ felt she was being replaced by a better version. The Emily was stealing everything away from her.

Emily didn't even attempt to hang out with them. She always made some sort of excuse for no being able to show up to the countless girl nights Garcia had invited her to. And JJ was all the happier for it. But yet Emily always managed to be the talk of the show. Somehow Garcia had convinced her to join the team to watch the super bowl. But they were pulled away for a case before they knew it.

.

Emily Prentiss didn't want to go out with the team. But she had no more excuses left, she had to go out with the team She normally watch gams with Declan. The almost 7 year old knew everything about practically every sport. They would watch games together, which was mostly just Declan trying his hardest to get Emily and Lousie to understand. Tom would sit in the corner and laugh every time Emily got something wrong.

Emily had known Tom since she was 7. She trusted him with the one thing she held most dear, Declan. He currently worked at the State Department, to always be there for Declan, who he treated as a son. Once, very long ago Emily and Tom had attempted to have a relationship, but it didn't work due to their jobs.

Last time Emily went to visit, Declan had asked her if he could call Tom, Dad. It had totally warmed her heart how he asked. He told her that her and Tom were the only real parents he's ever had. He had started calling her mom, just before they escaped Doyle. Doyle had insisted that Declan call her mother. And no matter how many times Emily had tried to explain that he didn't need to, he told that he loved her and that she was his mother no matter what.

.

The reason why Emily didn't want to out with the team was that she didn't want to build connections. Because somehow every one she trusts ends up stabbing her in the back.

She never had a good history with people, the first person she trusted was her mom, who ended up just ignoring her or complaining about her choice of career.

Next was her father, he didnt leave her by choice. But in the end Emily was left alone.

This was a pattern Emily was familiar with, which is why she really should have seen Jeremy coming.

.

Super Bowl night was cut short, when JJ got a call for a case.   

Before she knew it they were on thier way to Georgia to investigate bible based killings.

.

By the time they got to Hankles house he was gone and so was Reid. Emily and Morgan had found JJ in the barn. She was clearly in shock. Emily knew how close JJ and Reid were. She wouldn't be too surprised if they got together one day. But she also knew when JJ found about Reid, JJ would blame herself.

Hotch had decided that they should start fresh in the morning. The rest of the team had taken a chair or a bed and had gotten some shut eye. But Emily couldn't sleep. She could rarely sleep in the presence of others. She was afraid that her nightmares would be found out. But she was also trained at being awake for long periods of time, while staying completly alert.