~ | Five | ~

Ian Doyle was the end of a good thing.

Its was the end of 2004 when Sean McAlistor called the team to work on the case.

He had made an undercover alias. Lauren Reynolds, a Arms Dealer from Belgium. He would have called their team in sooner, but they were on another high priority case.

By the time they had arrived he had already built up the identity, her name was already being whispered in the inner circles. Now they just needed to put a face to the name.

"So it's between Em and Tsia" Clyde says.

"I think Tsia should go" Jeremy says.

"No, she was just injured, and plus I have a better shot." Emily says

"I'm not just saying this because I don't want to go, but if you look at his exs, we cam easily change Emily to fit them" Tsia says

"Emily it is" Clyde says.

The process it quite quick. Emily gets a trim, bangs and lightens her whole hair. It reminds her of her 12 year old self.

After the new year, which the team spends together, they had made it a tradition since the first one. Emily is off in Boston. It's not often they work cases in the states. This was probably the 3rd.

It's barely 2 weeks later that she meets Ian Doyle.

"Lauren Reynolds"

"Ian Doyle"

"I have heard" She says. She already knew this. She knew everything. When they were discussing Valhalla, Emily had proposed that it was Ian Doyle at the top. But Jeremy shut it down, said that Ian Doyle was just a minor gun runner.

"I have heard alot about you too." Ian Doyle

"I hopes it's nothing to good, but I'm not here to gossip. I'm looking to get into business with, Valhalla, you may have heard of him" Lauren says

"I might have" He says

"Since this is sensitive" she switches to French, "We should discuss privately"

"Your just full of surprises" He replied in French with a smirk plastered on his face.

"You have no idea"

-

Over tune she gains Ians trust. It starts with a kiss. It evolves into much more. Soon the lines between Emily and Lauren begin to blur. After the next month, she is living in his house.

She sees a boy running around. Ian explains he's his house keepers. But it didn't make sense. Ian didn't seem the type to have other peoples children in his house. But what if..

The resemblance was uncanny. He was Ians son. But no reports ever..?

Ian was a complely different person at home. He was loving, kind, everything a father should be.

2 months go by before Ian confirms her suspicions. Declan was his son. This conversation prompted others.

They were lying in bed at night after having sex. She was laying beside him, his arm under her.

"Do you ever think about, kids?" Ian asks her

She bites her lips. Which he takes notice of. "It's okay, you don't have to say anything"

"No I want to tell you" She says. "I never told you about this one" she points to her tattoo on her rib cage.

She had explained the tattoo on her back effortlessly. The rose represented Lauren's mother, who was killed by her father infront of her own eyes. And the gun. It's the one she used to kill her father 5 months after he killed her mother.

"When I was 15, after my my mother was killed, I was raped" Emily looks aways, trying to blink away the tears.

"Hey Love, look at me it's okay" Ian says turning her head, and wiping her tears.

"I got pregnant. My father got rid of it for me. I remember lying on the floor for hours. But I got the the hospital, and my father did so much damage. I can't have children. I am so sorry" She is full on wailing by the end of the story.

Ian wipes her tears and holds her even tighter. "Once I got out, I was so angry at him, and I shot him. Then 4 more times to be sure"

Ian just holds her.

-

After 2 more months she notices Ian getting weird. He kissed less. Held her less. Even the love felt less.

When the next shipment doesn't come. He takes action. He takes her down to the basement and ties her to a table.

"Ian, please" She yells.

"Lauren, ohh wait it's not Lauren it is Emily?" He asks

"What no, what are you talking about" She says.

"You see, I met with Jeremy, offered him some money, and he sold you out, Agent Prentiss" Ian says, using a knife to cut her clothes away.

It's 3 days later that they realise shes missing. They storm the villa. The arrest goes smoothly. But the time Clyde finds Emily, there is blood everywhere.

Ian had carved a 4 leaf clover on her back into her skin. Another one on her left thigh. There were bruises and cuts everywhere. Her nails were pulled out. Clyde leans down and find a weak pulse.

"Save Declan" She whispers before she passes out.

-

When she next wakes up, she feels soffocated. There was a pillow on her face, but her arms are too tired to move.

Suddenly a gunshot echos through the room. Emily slowly sits up as much as it pains her. To her left she sees Jeremys body on the floor. By the door is standing Tsia with a gun still trailed up.

Jeremy was the leak. He had sold them out.

"Em your awake" Tsia says walking closer to her.

After 7 Months of being undercover on Doyle. 4 days under torture. It takes Emily 3 months to fully recover physically. In that time the JTF is put under review. In the end the decision is made to disband the team and classify the missions and members.

Emily gets countless offers, but into the end she decides to resign. Clyde writes her a stunning report so she could get the job she wanted.

6 months she is standing infront of the FBI building.