chapter 1

July 27th , 2023
Huh Yunjin's pov:

It's the first day of school after summer break, I hope it goes well. summer break wasn't anything special to me. I usually go to the states during summer break and have fun with my grandparents but this year my parents got too caught up with work that, I had to go somewhere near, by myself. My thoughts got interrupted when  I heard a knock on the door, getting all of my strength to put on a smile on my face I opened the door and greeted my new maid, sooyoung. I loved her. she's a mother of a child, she's quite young and she's supporting herself and her family, I love that about her. She takes good care of me and the house. I dislike half of the staffs who works for me and my parents. Sooyoung and my butler, Bangchan are the only people I love.

Sooyoung greeted me good morning and told me my breakfast was ready down in the dining room. What I hated the most about being stuck in this big house was eating at the big dining table alone. My maids are there, behind me but you know what I'm trying to say, A happy family is what I want. well my family used to be a very happy and a cozy one. We'd eat together, go on trips together, play silly games together and watch shows together. It was before my father hit the jackpot. He got richer and opened his own company, it was successful  which means he made much more money than his last company . My mother is a heart surgeon and she is loaded. Combining the money they make together, they're one of the richest people in South Korea.

After applying some light make up and adjusting my bow tie I went down for breakfast. I studied in one of the most expensive and luxurious high school of korea. It was a private school so we had to wear uniforms, Not that I was complaining, it was of my taste , elegant and luxurious. Just gorgeous. As I sat down on the dining table the maids started serving me different types of breakfasts . I chose the regular, A plate of pancakes with maple syrup, egg bacon, a pastry and a cup of coffee. After my breakfast I was on my way to school I got on my limo. Bangchan companied me through the ride. I loved talking to him.

As soon as I step on the school I was surrounded by my so called friends. They wanted to be friends with me for my fame and money but at least I had chaewon and giselle , they were my safe haven.
I greeted them "hello girls, good morning"
Each one of them greeted me back with their fake smiles. On God I hated the smiles they gave me, fake and poisonous. I walked through the hallway knowing I was one of the queenbees here. All eyes were on me, except for one, That one stupid Nakamura Kazuha . The school's pride. I despite that stupid bitch. I hate everything about her. I hate that I lose to that stupid bitch on that one science competition. I have brain and beauty. I was the class's topper until she joined and took my place . I hate her dark brown eyes, I hate the way She has a dimple on her face when she cracks a smile. I hate how good she smells when she walks by and the way she.. I realized I was spacing out again when I heard giselle say "heaven to  earth, jennifer."  With a snap .She continued "who were you thinking of? Were you thinking of Jake ? I heard he's a very polite aussie man. Maybe you could make him your australian man. " I grimace with disgust at how she stated that . yeah Jake was handsome but he's nothing better than my boyfriend, yeonjun . He's richer and more handsome than Jake and most of the time he's a gentleman.

After few mins of chatting with giselle, Chaewon walked up to us looking excited. "GUYS! we got invited to wonyoung's house party. I'm so excited, it's tomorrow at 7pm." Hearing her say that I felt an excitement rising through me, I smirked a little and said " I'm in. Let's go for shopping after school. I need a new dress to wear for wonyoung's party, I bet yeonjun will be there too. " Giselle asked chaewon looking hopeful "hey is Ningning gonna be there? " Chaewon and I looked at her in disgust "ew Giselle calm your tits. why is it always about that woman? I mean yeah Ningning is hot and all but come on girl she has a jock boyfriend, what's his name? Jaemin right? and I bet she is super straight" Chaewon half shouted and giselle sighs " I know but.. How can anyone resist someone as pretty as me right? " She had that stupid grin plastered on her face. I just sigh in defeat.

After getting a dress for the party, I went back home, took a bath and now I'm studying. Being alone at a house like this I can't help but feel lonely. I wish I had someone I really loved. Yes, I don't love yeonjun it's just for the show and for the sake of my dad's company. He's handsome and rich but I don't feel a connection with him. Soon after, sooyoung called me for dinner and I took my beauty sleep.

July 28th,  2023. Saturday

I hate weekends I have absolutely nothing to do. My friends are busy with their families and job and here I'm alone and useless. I went to the living room and turned on the TV, maybe a good show might help me spend time quickly. I was looking for a good show and I found puss in boots. Okay so puss in boots it is. I ended up falling asleep on the couch. It was 4pm when I got a call from Yeonjun and he woke me up. " Hey babe! What are you gonna wear today? Let's wear a matching outfit it'll make us look like the Power couple not that we aren't but you know" He chuckles. With the enthusiasm in his voice I couldn't turn him down with that matching outfit thingy so I told him I was wearing a black tight dress. He said he'll wear a black suit. I know he'll look absolutely handsome.

6:30 pm.

I heard the sound of the car and I went out there I saw Yeonjun's black Mercedes Benz. He came out and opened the door for me. What a gentleman. He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. I smiled in reflex. I love the feeling of being loved by someone. He complemented me through the whole ride. I loved the effect I had on him. He's head over heels for me.

7:15 pm
Oopsie. I think we're a little late. Yeonjun kept on talking about how gorgeous i looked and kept on stealing glances  that he forgot we were going to a party but I'm glad we made it here. I got out of the car as Yeonjun opened the door for me and I went to the party. It was a really huge mansion, as big as mine. Wonyoung was pretty and crazy rich. She's one of the girls I admire, we're great friends. As soon I opened the front door I was greeted by wonyoung she hugged me and we talked about how much we missed each other's company. We had to wave our goodbyes because she's the host and she had to welcome other people as well. I was sitting on the couch surrounded by people as usual. I felt suffocated so I excused myself and went out to the balcony it was a pretty large area. There were people smoking and chatting. I took a sip of my red wine and watched the stars. I felt someone approach me. It was Kazuha . Yes, the Nakamura Kazuha. She was few inches away from me. It seemed like she didn't notice me. She looked pretty drunk and she was humming a song, I recognized the song. It was a Japanese song called 'for lovers' by lamp. I was surprised that the nerd had good taste in music. I realized I was listening to her humming when the song ended. It sounded beautiful with her shooting voice. What the hell is wrong with me? I don't even like girls. Again spacing out I realized I was looking at her direction when she turned her face to me. Her eyes were sleepy, her cheeks flushed and she gave me a smile. Which was so beautiful and pure. I don't remember the last time someone smiled at me like that. It made my heart skipped a beat.

I hope y'all liked my story. If you did, please don't forget to vote <3.