Chapter 2: Platform 9 3/4, Hogwarts Express

Rhea spent most of the month of August in her room, reading her school books. Herbology was the subject she liked the most, followed by Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts. She wished first years had Care of Magical Creatures lessons; she would have loved to start studying them next September, but that's not possible. She have to wait for third year when she will be able to select the subject as an elective.
.

The first of September has finally arrived

The first of September has finally arrived. Rhea was so excited, she ended up awakening at 7 o'clock much to the amusement of her Aunt and Uncle, and to the annoyance of her cousin.

"The train doesn't leave until it's eleven." Dora groaned, as she snatched a toast from the breakfast table.

"I know, it is written on my ticket." said Rhea, with a huge smile on her face.

"Then why did you wake me up this early?" Dora glared at her cousin.

Rhea gave her cousin an innocent look, but did not answer.

Time passed slowly for the excited Rhea, who did not stop glaring at the clock as if it offended her. As soon as it was ten fourty-five, Rhea jumped from the couch and run to her Aunt. Andromeda laughed, and held her hand to Rhea. The two Apparated to platform 9 and 3/4. Seconds later, Nymphadora joined them with Rhea's trunk in one hand, and her owl in the other.

The place was as usual, crowded. A number of people were looking around in wonder, Rhea though those were the Muggleborns and their families who are here for the first time. Teenagers were saying goodbyes to their families, some escaping their mother's hugs and kisses.

"Always the same." Aunt Andromeda muttered as she looked around.

"She repeats this phrase every time we are here." Nymphadora whispered to Rhea while levitating the trunk to the train.

Rhea stifled her giggles, and faced her Aunt. Andromeda smiled at her niece, and hugged her tightly.

"That's enough mum, or you'll suffocate her." said Nymphadora, separating the two.

"Oh hush you." Aunt Andromeda said. "Rhea, please take a good care of yourself. Send us an owl at least once a week, and focus on your studies."

"Remember Rhee, don't do anything I would do" Nymphadora winked at her cousin.

"Don't you mean don't do anything I wouldn't do?" Rhea asked, her head titled to the side.

"Oh no, what I do would cost you house points, grant you detention, and a Howler from mother if you were unlucky." Nymphadora sniggered.

"You would know with how many of these you got through the years." Aunt Andromeda sighed. "Time to go Rhea, the train will leave soon." She added, helping her niece on the Hogwarts Express.

" She added, helping her niece on the Hogwarts Express