Chapter 9: Nicholas Flamel

Rhea and Hermione went back to Hogwarts a day before the new term started, again sitting in the same comparment and talking about their holidays, thanking each other for their presents and laughing at the fact that they both gifted each other with a book. Entering the common room, they were met with Harry and Ron at the fire place; Ron was eating some of the cadies Rhea had gifted him.

"Hello boys, missed us?" Rhea said from behind them which startled the two boys.

"Bloody hell Rhee! I almost choke on the candy." said Ron. "By the way, thanks a lot for these." Rhea nodded and giggle.

"Yeah Rhee, thanks a lot for the gloves they fit perfectly. " said Harry discreetly looking at the wrist of the girl, his eyes brightened up seeing the bracelet he gifted her.

"I'm glad you liked the presents. I loved mines too. Ron your mom's cooking is heavenly and Harry," she showed him her wrist, "I'll never take it off."

The day continued, and Harry filled Hermione and Rhea up on what they have missed. the Invisibility Cloak which Rhea was so desperate to try, and the Mirror of Erised. Both Hermione and Rhea had different reactions; Rhea was thrilled with the idea of the pranks she could pull off with the help of the Invisibility Cloak, while Hermione was torn between horror at the idea of Harry being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row ("If Filch had caught you!"), and disappoinment that they hadn't at least found out who Nicholas Flamel was.

Rhea notice that the mere topic of the Mirror was still affecting Harry, so when everyone was already in bed she went down to the common room, and as she suspected there was Harry, eyes lost in the dimmed light of the fire. The boy didn't notice her until she had sat down next to him.

"Something is troubling you Harry," said Rhea, it wasn't a question. It was a statement. "It's about that mirror, right?"

"How?"

"Earlier when you told us about it, you looked ... conflicted. In all honesty, I can understand you." Rhea sighed sadly, but the sad look was quickly replaced with a smile. "Unlike you I was fortunate because my Aunt took me in. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for her and her family; they love me and I love them but, the longing for my parents is still there." Harry looked at the girl who was now looking at the fire "But I don't think that your parents would like seeing you struggled like this. Ron is right, that mirror could drive you mad, so please let's stay away from it, " at this pointl Harry knew that she wasn't only saying it for his sake, but for hers too.

The thought of being able to see both of her parents together was tempting to say the least, but Rhea knew better than going in search for the mirror.

Once term had started, the quartet were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks, but they had almost given up hope of finding Flamel in the library

Once term had started, the quartet were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks, but they had almost given up hope of finding Flamel in the library. However, Rhea was adamant about the fact that somewhere in the library was the book they needed; if only she could remember which shelf she got the damned book off. Harry had less time than Rhea, Hermione and Ron because tyrant Oliver was back.