Prologue

Vic runs by me, whispering something in my ear as we run at the same pace.

"I'm going on a date with Jaime tonight." He says smugly, until I push him down. No one seems to notice, the attention is on the soccer ball at the other side of the field.

We're on the same team, but I don't care. All I care about is making him hurt like I am right now.

"I fûcking hate you!"

My scream echoes throughout the field, loud and clear. The fans have stopped cheering. The whole stadium is silent as I approach the angry-looking Vic.

He's picked himself up from the ground, standing readily as I march up to him.

"You wouldn't hit me." He says with a cheeky grin. This isn't funny. I don't think that any of this is even remotely funny, but there he is, the stupid asśhole who's smirking down at me.

"Bet me." I said, cracking my knuckles. He should know by now not to test me.

"Go ahead." He taunts, tilting his head and tapping his perfect cheekbone.

Wow. He really doesn't think that I'll do it. I'm not some sissy.

My rage gets the best of me, like usual. I hate him, I want him to feel as much pain as I did when he broke my heart.

Without a second thought, I turn and punch him square in the jaw, watching as he stumbles back, clutching his face. I shake out my hand, wincing. I pack a hard punch, sure, but it still hurts like hell to do so.

Shock registers on his face. He looks like I just shot him or something. I don't have enough time to feel bad, my mouth is already moving.

"You've always been a drama queen, even when we were-" I couldn't finish the sentence, due to Vic tackling me onto the ground on my back, pinning me there.

We always used to fight like this, but up until recently, we were good. We were perfect, actually, beyond perfect. We were dating, or something like it. He wanted a relationship, but until we could make it public, I didn't want any part in that. I don't want it to be a secret, but Vic is adamant about no one knowing that he's gay.

But now?

Now, we were back to the beginning.

To the fighting, screaming, trying to embarrass eachother the best that we could. The tiring cycle of hate.

I don't know if there's any going back from this. Not this time.

My name is Kellin Quinn, and this is the story of how I fell in love with my life-long rival, Vic Fuentes.