ten

eila kahn

We had fallen into this odd routine. During the day he would either go to work or spend time with Theo. At night I would go to the second spare bedroom and lay there until Jovan came into my bed. He'd give me an amazing orgasm then go back to his bedroom. For the first couple days, I was content. But then I started realizing how odd things were. We hadn't kissed. He never let me touch him. The extent of our nights was my orgasm and that's it. Any other girl wouldn't be complaining about this. He's giving without receiving anything in return. But it didn't feel like enough.

I adjusted my head on the pillow, patiently wanting for Jovan to slip into my room. He was at work today and hadn't told me that he would be home later than usual. But even after going out to my Resistance meeting and coming back, he still wasn't here. It was nearly midnight and I was becoming worried. But Jovan is the last person one should be worrying about.

The entire penthouse was quiet, so I was able to hear the elevator ping open. I got out of the bed, popping my head outside the door to listen to him. For once, I could hear his footsteps. But he wasn't alone. There was second footsteps. Heels that clinked close behind him.

"You have to be quiet," Jovan instructed to whoever he was walking with.

"Why? You've never asked me to be quiet before," a woman scoffed. He brought a woman here?

"Stop looking around. Upstairs," Jovan gave instructions that the girl apparently didn't follow because he said, "Kennedy, I'm serious. Let's go." This couldn't possibly be the same Kennedy that he travelled with to the capitol. The same Kennedy Jovan convinced me he had no parts with. But here she was at midnight.

"You're oddly demanding. What's gotten your panties in a bunch? Nothing sex can't fix. Upstairs it is," the woman, Kennedy I'm guessing, agreed to.

One minute I was listening to them go up the stairs, and the next I was locking the bedroom door and crawling back into the sheets. This stinging was coming behind my eyes and I refused to cry. I refused to shed a tear for this man despite how I've completely fallen for him. I felt embarrassed. Of course no man would just be satisfied with giving an orgasm and getting nothing in return. While he snuck into my bed at night to pleasure me, he must've been fucking her during the day.

I held back all my tears. There's nothing to cry about. I won't cry. Instead I'll use these annoying emotions to fuel me towards me goal—getting my brother and I out of here when the time was right. The attack on the gates would be happening in the weeks to come and I needed to be ready.

The door handle jiggled before there was a long pause. I faced away from the door and towards the window when the door opened. Leave it to Jovan to not respect what a locked door means. He shut the door behind himself before the other side of the bed sunk in. He stayed still for a bit, probably trying to figure out if I was asleep. My eyes were shut and I did my best to handle my breathing. But he knew better. He flipped me over to lay on my back and I immediately opened my eyes.

"I don't want to," I quietly stated.

"Are we playing games tonight?" Jovan pulled the sheets from my body to see me in just a long shirt.

"No. I'm just not interested in sloppy seconds," I snapped seeing his face reveal nothing of what he was thinking. "Just go away. I'm tired," I attempted to turn away but he stopped me by holding my neck. He pulled me up, bringing my face close.

"You don't trust me?"

"No." Not with anything that isn't my safety. I trust him with my brother. I trust he cares about our safety. But I don't trust him with my heart. "Do you kiss her? Do you let her touch you?" He didn't like that question. His jaw clenched clenched and he pulled my head closer.