3. Bad Cop, Bad Elf

Bradley

Guilt floods me. This poor girl, I've already decided to eat her, yet she thinks I'm her savior. I guess it's my fault for choosing such an ironic profession. Her pretty eyes dart between me and the door, pleading for rescue; full of gratitude.

Fuck.

I exhaled and gave her a reassuring nod, crossing my arms as I thought. Surely I can manipulate her mind, but I felt guilty as hell, so I just lied instead. "You're safe now, deep breath. I'll untie you here in a moment, just uh, waiting on backup." I used my best "good cop" voice, but was sure she might guess I'm full of shit. It takes her a few moments to register the words coming out of my mouth, and her heart is pounding in my ears.

The blender cut in again obnoxiously, followed by a few Drow curses as liquid hit the floor in the kitchen. I cringed visibly because I could only guess at what the actual fuck he's concocting in there. I did my damndest not to look too disturbed by the sound, and it took everything in me to not poke my head out the door and yell at him. Her eyes dart in confusion towards the sound, then back at me seeking reassurance. It's then that she furrowed her brow, eyes locking with mine.

Whirring of the blender interrupts again, followed by Nalfain's unmistakable rage,
"TO THE NINE HELLS YOU BE DAMNED—I wish only to make a what is called a milkshake!"
I can't take it anymore. "For fucks sake Nalfain give it a goddamn rest. I'll come help you here in a moment,"

I threw my head back in exasperation, praying he heeds my words, but knowing him wholly incapable of doing so. I'm considering tearing off his head tonight and giving up on our little arrangement, but I'm so torn. Pondering what to do with Nal briefly; an ironically cute, muffled yelp brings me back to the issue at present. I drop my gaze back to the girl, finding her fair blue eyes locked with mine, wide in confusion and horror.

Ah, right.

I guess I forgot about my eyes, and realize I never masked my appearance before coming in the bedroom. Every day when I get home from work, I let my guard down, and the real me comes out. Changing my appearance is sort of like changing into pajamas after a long day at work. It feels good to relax and not have to hide what I am, eyes changing from hazel to blackened pools, fangs no longer hidden. I've even got some wicked-sharp nails. This poor human is seeing me for what I truly am, but I'm not entirely sure she knows what that is exactly.

We stare at one another in silence, save for whatever the fuck Nal is doing now.
She begins squirming against her bindings in distress, eyes never leaving me, squealing and shaking her head as I begin walking slowly towards the bed to observe. Honestly, I don't know what to do. Should I eat both of them? She would go down easy, like a light dessert.

A great deal of effort on my part will be required to take down the dark one though, and I'm a practical creature. By all accounts Nalfain would require far more energy than I should like to expend on a single kill, so practically speaking, he's worth more alive as a living blood-bank than dead. Exhaling thoughtfully I continue to watch the human struggle, wondering what to say to her.

Such a predicament.

Freya

The Sheriff is in on it? Terror washes over me and fat tears start to roll down my cheeks. I should've known better than to think I'd be rescued so easily. He seems entirely unbothered by the fact a bound girl is in his bedroom. I'm not sure what's more horrifying either at this point; my current predicament or the fact this man is looking more demon than human the longer I stare at him. I didn't notice right away, because I was so caught up in my apparent rescue, but I know for certain I've landed in a special kind of nightmare.
Black voids stare back at me where the whites of his eyes, pupils, and iris should be—there's nothing but blackness. When he talked to himself in frustration, I saw fangs where there should have been teeth. He's tall, maybe six-feet and some change at least, and painfully handsome. He's built powerfully, lean and muscular, unnaturally pale skin, with fair blonde hair, cropped short. If I saw him on the street, I'd probably be enamored, and he's unnaturally beautiful.