The Quiet Years After the Rebellion

Really long chapter sorry in advance but I could not split it up. 3000 words.

Robert's P.O.V.

By the end of the first day that Lyrella was here, the servants had put together a nursery and ser Barriston had found not only a nursemaid but a nanny for Lyrella. The nursemaid was a mother who had lost her child to sickness a day after the birth, so she was chosen. The nanny however was a noble women, Marissa Mallister of House Tully, was a nurse in the city and apparently Lady Mallister heard Ser Barriston asking for nursemaids for a royal child, and offered her services.

Sitting in the nursery with Lyrella sleeping in my arms was one of the most peaceful moments I had in months. If could give up being king to just hold her my entire life I would.

Knock Knock

"My King," Ser Barriston bowed and I nod my head in acknowledgement, "I wish to be placed in the service of Princess Lyrella and be her sworn shield, would you allow that my king."

"Why?"

"My king I originally swore to protect the king and then I took an oath to Rhaegar. That is Rhaegar's daughter, my oath continues to her, if you would permit it."

"You can be her sworn shield man, if you wouldn't mind going and fetching Lord Arryn."

Ser Barriston nods and exits the nursery.

I get up and put Lyrella into her crib and go over to the balcony and look out to over the city

I get up and put Lyrella into her crib and go over to the balcony and look out to over the city. I hear the faint sound of the door closing, but I don't turn around.

"So it's true, you adopted the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna," Jon scoffs , "You started a war, thought you ended the Targaryen line, only to take in the child of the man you accused of stealing the women you loved. Now explain to me Robert, how we ended up in this position, because frankly I might just be too old for this." I turn and face him staying in my spot on the balcony

"Oh, Jon, I am sure you heard that Ned brought her to me because he himself now has two newborns and thought it best if I raised Lyrella here with me. Ned at first said that I should tell the Kingdom that I thought I was going to die so I married a women and she gave birth to my little girl and me being 75% Targaryen blood, that the features just came out in her. I swiftly denied that, she looks so much like Lyanna, that the whole of Westeros would see through the lie. I am glad that I claimed her."

"You do know that you will have to fight for her, protect her, she is the last Targaryen."

"No, she's not. Lyrella's siblings, Rhaegar's two older children Rhaeyns and Aegon were sent away before the fighting reached the capital, they are currently in Dorne with Elia's siblings, Lyrella's Aunt and uncle are over in Essos. She is far from the last Targaryen."