Part 4

Simon was slowly stirred awake. He manages to get his eyes open, pushing past his headache. He tried sitting up, but only bumped his head on the top of a dog cage he was now in.

Simon:... owww...

He pushed the cage door open, and stepped out into the table. He noticed Donut Lord was grabbing his phone, turning and looking to see Simon, jumping at his sudden wakefulness.

Simon:... donut lord...?

DL:... ok... so you can talk... you're not here to kill or abduct me are you?

Simon: you abducted me!

DL:... ok. Fair point. But what, was that. What are you?

Simon: I'm human!

DL: Ah that explains the portal magic. And, why were you in my shed?

Simon: I needed somewhere safe to open a warp ring so I could escape- wait. Where are my- OH SHOOT! THEY FELL THROUGH!

DL: what does that mean? You mean the yellow portal thing?

Simon: yeah! It was my only way of travelling to safety! You gotta help me Donut Lord!

DL: Why do you keep calling me that!?

Simon: you always talk to your donuts and eat the ones that get out of line!

DL: ...again, fair point.

Simon: ummm... ok. what was the last thing I said before the warp ring opened?

DL: ...San Francisco?

Simon: ok. Ok ok ok. Now all I need to do is get to Sam Francisco-

The ground starts shaking.

Simon:... that's not good.

Outside, the large truck was pulling up.

DL: Is that your mother ship!? I'm not looking to get probed!

Simon: yeah, and I'm not trying to get dissected! Look. I don't have time to explain. But you have to help me hide! Now!

DL: no I don't! Why would I help you!?

Simon: because normally, my legs let me run at the speed of sound. Right now however, they feel like they're made of pipe cleaners and silly putty! Look. This is life or death! I just need to hide! Please!

Donut Lord looks outside at the truck, and then back to him.

DL:... fine.

He takes him up to the attic.

Meanwhile—

Robotnik and his daughter leave the truck, finding footprints matching the ones they picked up earlier.

DL: Hello there!

They both look over at the man who just left his house.

DL: Can I help you?

The 2 doctors walk over to the house.

Robotnik: good morning ol' chum! We're here from the power company to investigate the nation wide power outages!

DL: Nation wide?

Robotnik: unfortunately yes. This town was his specifically hard so we're doing a sweep of the place to make sure there's no foul play involved. Mind if we take a few readings from inside your house?

The doctor lied through his teeth.

DL: oh really? Well last I checked you could do that from outside right?