Chapter 18

In the kingdom of King Stefan, preparations for Princess Aurora's christening were in full swing. The entire realm buzzed with excitement as the news of the grand celebration spread far and wide. The king and queen had invited everyone in the kingdom, including the three fairy godmothers who had blessed their daughter with gifts.

Flora, the fairy garbed in resplendent red, took the lead in addressing the gathering. "May she be the most beautiful princess in all the land," Flora declared, her wand radiating a soft pink light.

"May she be the wisest and most graceful," Fauna chimed in, her attire adorned with gentle shades of green, and her wand shimmered with a calming blue glow.

But before Merryweather could give her blessing, an uninvited guest made a dramatic entrance.

A sudden gust of wind swept through the hall, extinguishing the candles and leaving the room in darkness. Gasps filled the air as Maleficent's chilling laughter echoed through the chamber.

"Ah, how generous of you to invite me to the celebration," Maleficent sneered as she materialized before the startled guests. Her presence sent shivers down their spines.

King Stefan, his face etched with a mix of anger and fear, demanded, "What are you doing here, Maleficent?"

Maleficent paid no heed to his question and turned her attention to the three fairies. "I couldn't resist witnessing the spectacle you three would create. After all, I'm sure your blessings will be nothing short of entertaining."

Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather exchanged worried glances. They had hoped to keep Maleficent away from the ceremony, knowing the danger she posed. But now, in the presence of the entire kingdom, they had no choice but to proceed with their blessings.

Merryweather, her voice trembling but resolute, raised her wand once more. "I wish for the princess to have the strength to face any challenges that come her way."

With her blessing bestowed, the room was once again filled with light. The candles reignited, and the joyous celebration resumed, albeit with an air of tension.

Maleficent, her eyes never leaving the infant princess, leaned in close to Merryweather and whispered, "You may have given your wish, dear fairy, but I shall give mine too."

Maleficent's dark magic flowed around her as she spoke her curse, hidden from the ears of the kingdom's inhabitants. She vowed that Princess Aurora would indeed grow in grace and beauty, but on her sixteenth birthday, she would prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and fall into an eternal sleep.

With her curse cast, Maleficent vanished as abruptly as she had arrived, leaving the fairies and the kingdom in shock.

The fairies exchanged grim looks, realizing that Maleficent's curse was far more sinister than they had anticipated. They knew that they had to protect the princess from this terrible fate, even if it meant keeping her hidden from the world.

As the celebration continued, the fairies vowed to watch over Princess Aurora, for Maleficent's dark presence had cast a shadow over her future.