Chapter 21

Aurora's heart fluttered with anticipation as she woke from yet another dream of the mysterious prince. His hauntingly beautiful face lingered in her mind, and the words he had spoken in her dream echoed in her ears. "Follow your heart, and you will find me," he had said.

Unable to contain her excitement, she hurriedly dressed and made her way to the cottage's kitchen, where Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather were busy with their preparations. Aurora greeted them with a cheerful smile, eager to help with the day's tasks.

"Good morning, dear," Flora said, patting Aurora's hand fondly. "Today, we have a special task for you. We need some fresh berries for a delicious treat."

Aurora nodded eagerly. "Of course! I'll go to the forest and gather the juiciest berries I can find."

With a small wicker basket in hand, Aurora set off toward the enchanted forest, her heart racing with anticipation. The forest was alive with the vibrant colors of nature, and the air was filled with the sweet scent of blooming flowers.

As Aurora ventured deeper into the woods, she couldn't help but recall the dream. She felt as though she were being drawn toward a particular clearing, where the sun's rays filtered through the trees, creating a dazzling display of light and shadow.

A gentle breeze rustled the leaves overhead, and the forest seemed to come alive with the melodious songs of birds. Aurora marveled at the beauty of it all, her senses overwhelmed by the enchanting surroundings.

In the midst of her berry-picking, Aurora suddenly heard a soft, melodic voice singing in the distance. It was a hauntingly beautiful song that seemed to beckon her closer. Curiosity piqued, she followed the sound of the singing until she reached the clearing.

There, bathed in the ethereal glow of the sunlight, stood a young man, as handsome as the prince in her dreams. His eyes met hers, and Aurora felt as though time had stood still. It was as if the entire forest held its breath, captivated by the enchanting encounter.

"Who are you?" Aurora asked, her voice barely a whisper.

The young man smiled, his eyes filled with warmth and recognition. "I am a friend, and you are the one I've been waiting for."

Aurora's heart raced as she realized that her dream had come true. The prince from her dreams was real, and he stood before her in all his glory.

Meanwhile, back at the cottage, Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather exchanged worried glances. They knew that Aurora had ventured into the forest, but they had not foreseen this unexpected meeting.

"What if she recognizes him?" Fauna fretted.

"We must keep her away from the truth," Flora replied. "We cannot allow her to learn of her royal heritage and the curse that looms over her."

As Aurora and the prince spoke and laughed in the forest clearing, their connection grew stronger. Aurora felt as though she had known him all her life, and the prince was equally enchanted by her kindness and grace.

Unbeknownst to them, Maleficent watched from the shadows, her dark heart seething with anger and jealousy. She had not anticipated that Aurora would find the prince so quickly, and it infuriated her that her curse might be thwarted.