2. I-

Six months later

"Mr. Kim, the new batch of medicines and drugs that we ordered are here." 

Seungmin looked up from the file he was reading, raising a brow. 

"Well, aren't you supposed to inform Mr. Han instead of me, Ms. Soohee?" The poor girl flushed under Seungmin's gaze and jumbled her words. 

"We- well sir, Mr. Han was not there in his cabin and i- I had no idea who else to inform it to." 

Seungmin sighed and kept the file on his table a little harshly, making the girl flinch. He took in a deep breath and looked at her again, a kind smile placed on his lips.

 "Thank you for informing me, Ms. Soohee. You may go back to your work." Soohee bowed and left his office. 

He didn't mean to come off as rude, but today just wasn't the day. He stood and went near the windows which always gave him a beautiful sight of the city. The building wasn't that tall, it's a hospital, you possibly can't expect it to be a skyscraper. 

Seungmin took out his phone and dialled Jisung. He doesn't give two shits if he is his very best friend. He slacked off during his office hours and possibly went who knows where, that too without informing Seungmin. 

Jisung was going to have his salary cut.

After a good few rings, Jisung picked up.
"Han Jisung, where the hell are you? It's past lunch break, everyone is busy working their ass off, including me and you seem to be nowhere. You better have a good expla–" 

 Jisung moaned loudly. 

Seungmin couldn't believe his ears and blinked twice, mouth slightly ajar.
"Are you fu– Never mind." 

From the other side a melodious voice spoke up, starting the sentence with a sinful groan.
"Kim Seungmin, you better have a good explanation of why you're calling my boyfriend during our sweet time." 

Seungmin once again couldn't believe his ears.
He was being blamed for something he possibly couldn't know and wouldn't want to know. 

He ran his fingers across his hair, messing it up a bit,
"Minho-hyung. Why aren't you at work? Shouldn't you understand that the working hours are going on and Jisung should be here after the lunch break?" 

Seungmin knew the habit of the young couple to meet each other at a coffee shop during the lunch break, even though Minho was the said president of the Lee corporations.

"Who said I'm not at work? I'm right here in my office." Minho panted. 

Seungmin gave out a flabbergasted laugh, "Oh my God. That is something I didn't want to hear about. You know what, don't send Jisung back today, he'll need some rest anyways." 

Minho let out a deep chuckle, "Good to know you know your best friend well." Seungmin rolled his eyes and pressed the end call. 

Seungmin can feel the back of his skull throb painfully. Well, having a few hours of sleep wasn't ever good enough. 

He went down the elevator to the canteen. He could have ordered a coffee right there in his office, but he needs to have a talk with his older brother. 

He felt the stares from the people as he walked down the corridor and a few bows from the workers. He received his coffee and looked around the tables for his brother. 

As in cue, Wonpil walked in the canteen with a bunch of other doctors by his side. Seungmin waved his arm to catch his attention and successfully did as Wonpil smiled and walked towards him. He took his tray of coffee and chicken sandwich and made Seungmin sit down on a corner bench.

"So, what makes you visit me, my dear baby brother?" Wonpil spoke in a baby voice to annoy Seungmin, and was efficacious as Seungmin rolled his eyes. 

"Well not like I want to, but" Wonpil pouted slightly, "I need to talk about the salary the doctors are getting." 

Wonpil took a chug and made himself comfortable on the seat. "What do you mean?" Seungmin faced Wonpil properly. 

"Well, you see, I was going through the reviews about our hospital and saw a lot of comments about how the doctors are charging more for consultation. I also heard a lady creating commotion about how the doctors charged her more and still they were unable to save her son." 

Wonpil nodded slightly. 

"By any chance, is corruption taking rounds in our hospital? If that is so, it is very much unacceptable to me and I would like to speak to father about it too."

Wonpil looked at Seungmin, frowning a little, and then smiled at him. "Glad to know our minds still work the same."
Seungmin finally let out a light laugh. 

"I too started going through this after the commotion last week. Just let me snoop around first and then you'll hear from me soon." Wonpil winked.
"We'll see about this later. How are other things going?" 

Seungmin sighed for the nth time. 

"Everything is going well, we're getting good responses here and there, drugs and equipment coming in and out. Except Sungie is managing to give me a good headache." 

Wonpil finished his drink, "Everything's going well, that's good. Must be nice to have a husband who is supporting your family business directly, right?" 

Seungmin also gulped the last of his coffee, "Right."
Honestly, Seungmin doesn't even remember the last time he saw Hyunjin. Maybe on television, when the press conference was held with the Hwang family. 

A doctor came rushing to search for Wonpil and gestured him the time. "Well then, I'll be taking my leave now. See you, bye." 

Seungmin nodded and waved.

Seungmin could feel his eyelids drooping and exhaustion take over his body.
Too bad for him, he still has a lot of files to go through.

I— 'm tired – end