11. I Like You

"Seungmin?" the voice spoke up softly. 

Seungmin tried to press his palm harder over his mouth, breathing deep, not that it actually helped. He could feel Hyunjin shift. 

"Kim Seungmin?'' The lights were switched on, and Hyunjin slowly tried to make Seungmin face him. A red, tear blotted Seungmin faced Hyunjin as he sat up. 

"I'm sorry, so sorry." He said between his sobs and Hyunjin panicked. "No wait, why are you—?" "I'm sorry I behaved so rudely. Even you had a long day, I wasn't the only one. I have no right to shout at you like that. You cut your finger too." 

Hyunjin hugged Seungmin, rubbing circles on his back, shushing him in the best way possible. "It's okay, Seungmin, I understand. Everything is fine." 

Seungmin shook his head, Hyunjin's shoulder now wet from his tears.
"It's not okay, Hyunjin. I shouldn't act like that towards you. I'm really sorry. I'll never do that again."
"It really fine. Yes, I did get a little hurt, but now I'm completely fine. We just cleared it up right?" Hyunjin said in the most soothing voice. Seungmin wanted to sob more, and hug Hyunjin tight and never let go. 

He should never, ever let this man go.

Hyunjin kissed his forehead, lightly. Oh, great. I love you even more now

Hyunjin froze and his eyes widened and Seungmin also realised what he just spit out. 

Top ten times when the brain doesn't work properly. 

Fantastic, now he gave himself away. 

Hyunjin huffed a laugh and smiled fondly, "What a pleasant surprise, I do too." Hyunjin pushed Seungmin a little to make him face him, and wiped the tears with the heel of his palm. 

Seungmin held his hand. "Your injury." Hyunjin waved it dismissively, "I washed it with water, it's fine."
"No, it's not." 

Seungmin jumped up and went towards the restroom, soon bringing back the aid kit. He quickly sanitised and disinfected it, carefully putting a bandage around the cut. He then, with very little thought, kissed the injury gently. "I just want to see if the lyrics actually work." 

Hyunjin gave a light chuckle, "Yes, it is working. I can feel it heal already." Seungmin kept the kit back and washed his blotchy face. 

He joined Hyunjin in the bed once again, now shuffling closer to him and Hyunjin hugged Seungmin, already carding his fingers through the soft brown hair. 

After a few seconds, Hyunjin cleared his throat, "Were you serious when you said you love me, or was it just out of apologising words?" Hyunjin asked softly, voice a scale lower. Seungmin really liked this voice of his, it was soothing in a way, but it also riled up his heart and made his gut do a three-sixty degree flip. 

His ears shaded red. "I was serious about my feelin– Ugh, this is embarrassing." Hyunjin snickered, fingertips teasing those same red ears. 

The younger mustered up his courage, "What about you though?" Hyunjin blinked twice in surprise. 

"Seungmin, if I never developed any affection for you, we wouldn't have been in this marriage at all."

It was the start of March, when spring had arrived, winter yet to go. Hyunjin has been waiting for his fifth blind date, the last one being a month ago.