12. When You Love Someone

Matching toothbrushes, almost matching nightwear, hair dishevelled, smiles directed towards each other through the mirror. All these things showed the subtle acknowledgement of love that had blossomed between them, and Seungmin can write a poem, maybe. 

Hyunjin, ever playful, poked his sides, which made him crouch in an odd angle.

 Time period after a confession might not be that awkward as stated in the romance novel which he was reading. Rather, it added an extra layer of warmth between them. 

Seungmin looked at Hyunjin, the same person who gave all of the comfort he needed yesterday, also including the necklace hitting against his chest. 

Seungmin personally had a belief that autumn was meant to be gloomy, sombre and melancholic, with the number of funerals and Halloween to top it off. But now, the season has casted a romantic spell, further making him flustered and flushed at the domesticity of the current situation. 

His phone rang from the bedroom and he could guess who would call him on a Saturday morning. Hyunjin peeked from the bathroom, frowning a bit hearing the familiar ringtone. "Is that cat and dog by TXT?" Seungmin smiled sheepishly at him and then accepted the call from Wonpil. 

Seungmin updated his brother about the happenings and was met with positive and encouraging words. Apparently, his father too, easily accepted the decision he came up with.

It wasn't even a minute after his talk with his brother, that Minho had called, asking the same to Seungmin. 

Seungmin's inner demon wanted to irk Minho when he ranted angrily about the man from Kei electric and how he wanted to defame the whole company in his magazine, but Seungmin knew better and how not to do something like that to a man like Minho. 

Seungmin felt warm again when Minho expressed his rare genuine concern for him despite the usual banter, but all that went away when Minho cut the call by saying these exact words– "Stay well, you dumb dog." 

Seungmin had to call again though to inform a sleepy Jisung about the next steps for their organisation. 

Seungmin felt way better than yesterday, already motivated to work better and found himself looking forward to the day ahead, when his dear Hyunjin had called him down for breakfast.

The familiar routine which they follow came into the picture as both of them hurried to get dressed. Hyunjin noticed Seungmin wearing a pastel blue sweater and jeans. His heart squealed at the sight and he convinced himself not to coo out loud. 

Hyunjin gave the shopping list to Seungmin, who went through it strictly, looking for any unnecessary buys. Satisfied, he nodded. "Car?" "Yes, please." 

With their usual routine of vibing to any one song of their choice and singing along loudly, they went to the nearest mart and shopped in a hurry. 

However, today, Seungmin noticed the subtle stares directed at him. And he wanted to scream with glee, when Hyunjin stuck to him hip to hip, obviously pouting and glaring at others. Seungmin had to smack his chest twice to lower the palpable rate of his heart due to possessiveness and jealousy radiating from the older. 

The day took an unexpected turn soon though.

Seungmin was woken up as he felt Hyunjin turn the car to park. He rubbed his eyes and checked the surroundings, definitely not the basement parking of their apartment but the parking near Han River.