7. The Best Day

Every day is a good day, and today specifically is when Seungmin realised the meaning of this phrase. 

The seven am alarm blared at Hyunjin's right ear, as he groaned and slammed it off. He squirmed for a while and then sat up. He looked at the side groggily and tapped Seungmin. "Wake up." 

Seungmin startled awake, face puffy and eyes closed. He also looked around the room, looked at the alarm clock and jumped up from the bed. 

After going to the washroom, he landed up in front of the basin, reaching for his toothbrush. He applied the paste and a hand went past him and took the other brush. 

Seungmin looked up to Hyunjin through the mirror, both of their hair a mess and the toothbrush they're holding, matching. 

His eyes grew wide. No way Hyunjin had taken the couple's set, a red and a blue, which now was famous in the market for God knows what reason. His and Hyunjin's eyes met and the latter wrapped his arms around Seungmin's shoulder, leaning heavily against him.

Poor Seungmin, he gulped a little of the paste foam and choked and then went into a coughing fit. He washed his mouth and looked up to Hyunjin, still laughing from the scene earlier. 

Oh. 

His giggles are a little cute. 

And that's the first time Hyunjin laughed at Seungmin, even though it was just laughing at someone's misery. He still did. 

At Seungmin. For Seungmin. 

Hyunjin bent down to wash his mouth as Seungmin unconsciously stroked his bed hair.

By the time Seungmin came down after having a shower, Hyunjin was boiling eggs and jumping how the eggs were. Seungmin shook his head. His man gets scared even while doing such a simple task called boiling the eggs. Seungmin washed and cut the cucumber and served the fruit juice in a glass. 

Both of them popped in the soft-boiled egg in their mouth, crunched the cucumber and glugged down the juice.
See? Rich people do not act that differently. 

Or so they would have done if they were in a hurry. 

Hyunjin and Seungmin daintily sat with their breakfast and sliced the eggs open from the middle. "Pass me the salt."
Sprinkling the garnish on top, they poked it with a fork and bit into it. 

Yum, Hyunjin makes good boiled eggs. Even the fruit juice tastes good. Cucumbers never tasted so fresh. Even the sky had Tyndall effect and a stripe of dissipated rainbow. Today is the start of a new month and a new day with new rules. World has never looked so colourful. 

And damn. Kim Seungmin once again realises that he is in love with Hwang Hyunjin. 

His chest clinches a bit, a heavy feeling settling at the centre and questions filled with other 'what ifs'. 

He shakes his head in an attempt to remove unnecessary thoughts and Hyunjin laughs a bit. Seungmin tilted his head to the side. 

"You remind me of a puppy. Cute." 

Well, fuck.