A closing door

I have been lied to, too many times.

This is the Organisation. No it's not. It's the Rebels. Black Lion is the enemy. No, he's a friend.

But there's something that has been playing on my mind that doesn't make sense.

And there are too many people around for me to ask questions.

They're cheering and clapping. The floor shakes with
the eruption of sound and stamping. They're like a pack of animals.

"Now, now." Buffalo raises his hand to silence them. "It's great to have you back Tom, but the war isn't over yet."

"I've seen what they're capable of, the army they have. They want to wipe us out and then they will come for the norms." Tom says confidently, strolling around in his baggy clothes, I'm amazed he hasn't tripped over himself yet.

"But we have hope."

I know he's talking about me. I can hear it in his thoughts. Turns out hippy Tom had given me a second power when he pretended to take my power away.

Not only can I control minds. I can hear them too. And they don't shut up.

Tom continues to talk but I'm too busy trying to shut out the thoughts of everyone around me.

"Sarah, can you come with me please." Whilst Tom runs the show, I hadn't noticed Buffalo making his way to me.

I nod and follow.

We're outside. Away from the noise. Away from their thoughts. Bill of course is right behind me.

"It's Anna."

"What?" Buffalo asks.

"You called me Sarah, it's Anna." Sarah died a long time ago.

"Sa-Anna, I can't thank you enough for bringing Tom back home. You did it, you're one of us."

"If i'm one of you, then why do I feel like a prisoner still?" I nod in the direction of Bill.

"Try to understand, there are members who are...cautious of you."

That I might use my power to kill them?
Maybe I should. Everyone already sees me as a killer.

"How is your new home!" He asks.

I laugh. "You really want to do small talk or do you want to get to the point?" I am done with games.

"I would like you to continue training with Bill. Your powers are strong, but no doubt the Organisation is working on a defence against you."

"I thought this was The Organisation. You guys really need to start getting your story straight." I'm angry. I am fed up of lies.

There's a soft look in his eyes, it almost looks like sympathy but I don't buy it.

"We had to be sure."

"Sure of what!"

"Of what side you are on."

I'm on my side. I didn't sign up for a war.

"I'm going to bed." I'm done for the day.

I don't need to look to know that Bill is following me. I'm still a prisoner, they just want me to think I'm free.

Nothing has changed other than the illusion of freedom.

The cold air is thick tonight. No birds. No bugs chattering away. Just silence, save for the slight wind.

Even as we enter the house, it's silent and I'm thankful for Bill's silent thoughts.

At least I thought I needed the silence. But the anger is rising.

"What happened to Becky?"

Bill freezes on the spot, he wasn't expecting this question.

"Sarah-"

"-Anna"

"Some things are better left unknown."

"Why did you kill her?" It makes no sense.

I couldn't stop thinking about it last night. Why did he kill Becky, he had her! She was innocent! So why is she dead!

"TELL ME THE TRUTH!" I am sick of all the lies!

"Come with me."

I'm ready to argue when I hear his thoughts.

She won't like what she sees.

Xxx

I just want to say a big thank you for the comments. In truth, I gave up on this story thinking no one would read it. So thank you for inspiring me to continue it. It means a lot!

Hope I don't disappoint. Next chapter coming soon.