The Introduction

My life is a car chase.

I settle in a small town and it's only a matter of time until they find me, or more importantly; till HE finds me.

I assume an ordinary role in an ordinary life, yet no matter how average I try to be, he always finds me.

So instead, I stopped hiding. Well, almost.

I'm a music journalist now, a step up from my last job.

Turns out I hated Retail.

This is the perfect job.

I can hide in the crowds of fans, constantly on the move, interviewing artists and most importantly, no one questioned why I never stayed in one place.

"Music stops for no one Jack!" I grab my backpack and sign the last of the paperwork.

"Didn't realise you were so big on your country music." Jack winks, biting on the end of his pencil.

For all 3 months of knowing Jack, I learnt he's a bit of a horndog. He's a great writer, and I'm pretty sure he's had his way with the majority of the interns.

Yes, I'm an intern; it's not paid work but it's a fun disguise.

"Gotta dash Jack!" I salute him a farewell, heading to my beat-up excuse of a car.

I'm not long on the road when my phone begins to ring, frustratingly I pull over. Ignoring the truck-driver sounding his horn at me.

"Anna," her voice whispers as I answer. "Are you safe?"

"Yes. What's happened?"

We had a deal in place, only to contact each other in an emergency.

"They got him. They got Sidney!" I can hear sobs through the phone. "He's bloody gone." She's an idiot. They both are.  "I managed to get away, but they got him!" They never should have stuck together, two of them in one place. Reckless.

"Can they track you?"

"That's not why I'm calling. Anna. It was him. I saw him. They've sent Black Lion."

That voice haunts me.

The world around me comes to a halt.

Not him.

"Becky, you saw him?"

She lets out another sob. "Yeah."

"Becky....he knows where you are. You need to leave whereever the hell you are now."

"I can't do this alone Anna, where are you?"

No chance. I work alone.

He always catches the groups. Always. "Becky, you know we can't do this. Don't go home, get-"

"Run Anna." She suddenly states blandly, void of her previous emotions. "It's a trap!" She screams down the phone.

"Becky..."

Her muffled screams echo down the phone as I hear her struggle.

Then suddenly it's silent.

"Becky?"

A car whizzes past me on the road and I jump, bumping my head.

"Anna." A male voice growls down the phone. "I'm coming for you next."

The phone goes dead.

It's him. The Black Lion.

You know that feeling when time seems to just stop.  Well that's happening.
Fear overrides and momentarily, I allow it to.

I just sit here, staring out the window.

He doesn't know where I am yet. If I leave he might find me. If I stay, he might find me.

No. As long as I don't use my powers. He won't find me.

I told Becky not to use hers, he still found her.

He has Becky.

I'm screwed.

A short introduction to my story, thank you for reading.