Dress to impress

Elegance has never suited me.

The dark red halter-neck dress tickled the back of my ankles as I glide down the stairs. I had to glide; it's a posh charity event.

I decided to "trade" my sex-gear and upgrade.

I allowed the woman to keep her dangling earrings. They went perfectly with her new outfit. She asked if I were a prostitute, so I asked for her clothes.

Other people would laugh but not this bunch. As she embarrassedly made her way down the stairs in my former kinky clothes and high boots, she blushes.

The crowd murmurs and whisper their quite clear distaste.

I half-expect a man in a monocle to gasp in outrage. Seems that only happens in films.

"How...unbecoming," a voice mutters as I stride past, his eyes on the poor woman.

She dashes down the stairs, losing her composure. She barges past everyone and runs towards a closed door. I doubt she will be showing herself at this event any time soon.

I used my power again.

"The nerve of that woman," a youngish man says, standing next to me, his folded arms brush against my bare skin.

"You got a smoke?"

He squints his eyes, pursing his lips. I can't quite read his expression.

"One condition." He slides the packet of cigarettes from his waist pocket. "I want the honour of dancing with you tonight."

I won't be here that long. "Sure."

Thank Hell he didn't ask to join me. I need a break from, well, everybody.

Being on the run is draining.

I surround myself with people, hide amongst them. Is it worth it? I much preferred being alone, travelling from city to city. I miss the old days.

The fresh air welcomes me outside, the cold chilly night is a blessing. Everyone is inside and I can finally be alone.

It takes a few attempts before the lighter works, the small flame making an appearance.

The first drag is bliss. Smoke swirling around me in a cloud.

"You're getting sloppy." The voice cuts through the silence.

At the end of the alleyway, his silhouette stood proud. The mist highlighting his face under the moonlight.

Crap.

I drop the cigarette, immediately running.

I fall flat on my face.

The heel to one of the red stilettos snaps as I bury my face into the ground.

Blasted shoes!

I don't get a chance to stand as I feel pressure force it's way into my spine.

"Thanks for dressing to the occasion."
More weight is applied as I try to fight back, he shoves me further into the ground.

"Let go of me!" I shout under his firm grip.

"Your power won't work on me."
I can feel the arrogance radiating through him, his body fully-pressed into mine. "I finally have you."

I feel like a beached whale, futile struggling as I try to force my body across the hard ground. I'm not moving. I'm flailing.

He chuckles. "Done?"

"Screw you."

For a while it's just my laboured breathing and squeals as I struggle beneath him.

Then the rain begins to fall. Water droplets splash against my face as he places an arm under my ribs and yanks me up.

"Stop resisting." He commands.

He's taken my power.

"Don't fight me. Just obey."

And I do.

So this is a shorter chapter but more is to come. What do you think? Thanks for reading :)