An awful lot of running

It feels like a one night stand. The blankets tangle around me as I hide beneath them.

Bill is already dressed by the time I wake up. He tosses a small suitcase onto the bed.

Inside are my clothes.

"How the hell did you get these?"

"After that little dance with your boyfriend, figured I may as well pack you some things. You are very welcome."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Correct. Not anymore."

He killed him. "You killed Karl didn't you?" Guilt is building up inside me. Had I gotten innocent Karl killed? Or is Bill just playing with me?

"Get dressed."

"Want to unchain me from the bed first?"

"It suits you. I like you chained up."

"If you don't take these off right now I will scream for help."

He chuckles. "You want to try another little escape?"

I had hoped he would at least be a heavy sleeper. As soon as I heard him snoring I made a run for it. I didn't even make it from the end of the bed before he stopped me. Chaining  me to the bed frame for "good measure."

"I hate you Black Lion."

His upper lip curls into a menacing smile. "Do you want to find out why they call me that?" His eyes darken as he stares me down. "No? Then get dressed."

We drive in silence as Bill charges down the motorway, it would seem he is taking a break from tormenting me.

The game finally over. I lost.

The Organisation had taken everything from me. As soon as Father found out I had the gift, he made the call. That's how they found out about me.

He would always tell me it's my fault. My power can be too literal.

I killed mother.

Everything could've been so very different.

Bill breaks. "I need fuel. You going to behave?" He says as he unstraps his seatbelt.

"Don't I always?"

He pauses, his eyes dance across the empty forecourt. "Let's try a trust exercise." That accent! If we weren't enemies I wouldn't mind being stuck in this car with him. "Will you stay in the car?"

"Of course."

Is he really this gullible?

He looks unsure, his eyes constantly watching me as he exits the car, leaving the doors unlocked.

He forgot to reattach the handcuffs after this morning, I'm not going to remind him.

His mistake.

I have a few minutes at most. Once he pumps the car full of gas, I'll have maybe two minutes for him to pay and then return.

He finally swaggers towards the automatic doors and it's go time!

I open the car door, running in the direction we had just came from. If it would take me further from the Organisation then that's where I would go.

It's just a road, me and fences. I can't get off the road, the fences that separate me from nature are electric,

Suppose if the time came, electrocution may be a smarter fate than facing the Organisation.

A car swerves in front of me; his car.

Looks like I'm going in the other direction then.

I turn and begin sprinting. I can't outrun a car but I can sure as hell try.

He slows down, matching my speed so we are side by side.

"I could just make you get back in," he says as he winds down the window.

"Do it then."

"Have it your way."

For a moment all I can hear is the purr of his vehicle as he bumbles alongside.

I stop.

He stops.

What is he doing?

Music begins to sing from inside, 80's pop tunes begin to play.

"Thought you were escaping?" I don't understand. "Go on! I'm giving you a head start."

He doesn't think I can do it. Escape him. To be honest, with his powers I probably can't.

After a dumb-struck moment I continue my marathon, the sun beating down on me as Bill drives slowly beside me.

The music pauses as Bill flicks to another song. "Eye of the tiger"

I glare.

"Keep moving Princess. Need to be quicker than that if you want your freedom."

I wish I could smack that smug smile right off his face.

Sorry it's a short chapter. A longer one is on the way. If anyone is reading, thank you !:)