part one-getting high

this is similar to 'fwb' so go check that out:) also i just put out a new one called abused and a couple other stories if ur interested:)
———

it was summer time in obx and it was unusually hot, leaving the pogues suffering in the chateau with no ac and all the windows and doors propped open. john b and sarah were in his room doing god knows what, kie was out on the porch with pope fanning themselves with his summer homework, jj was on the floor by the couch because he claimed it was cooler than touching anything else and avery was in her room close to passing out with a half smoked blunt between her fingers.

the familiar smell caught jjs attention courtesy of him only being a few feet away. he eagerly got up off of the floor and took a step towards avery's room. her door was cracked open and so were his lips after he saw her. she laid there on her back wearing the shortest pajama shorts and her tank top was rolled up so that her bra was peeking out and her stomach was exposed. her limbs were a mess within themselves and her curls fell gracefully over her pillow. he watched her chest rise and fall as she breathed before bringing the blunt to her lips once more.

"were you even gonna offer me any?" he smirked. she tilted her head towards the familiar blonde boy standing at her door and smiled. she was only a year and a half younger than him, but john b made him promise to never do anything with her and he intended to keep his promise. so, he shoved any inclination of anything deep deep inside of him.

"i knew you'd come find me" avery remarked back at him. she scooted away to make room for him on her bed. this wasn't new to them. she started smoking around the same time as the others did. her first time was actually with jj and her brother when she was in middle school. another thing that wasn't new for them was the comfort level with each other. jj had been around for avery's entire life and he probably spent more time at their house than at his, rightfully so considering luke. he had always teased her and rough housed with her the same way john b would, but jj was always the first to cave between him and john b. he would always be the first to stop tickling her, or finally give her back a toy etc. because as much as he enjoyed toying with john b's little sibling, he had a soft spot for her that he couldn't help. that didn't mean he couldn't still be as big of an asshole as john b.

jj flopped onto the open side of her bed and grabbed the blunt from her, taking a long, deep hit before giving it back to avery. she took the same amount of time with hers and hissed as she breathed it in. jj watched her as she blew the smoke out into her room and was mesmerized. she took another smaller hit, this time blowing it directly into his face. "give me that asshole" he laughed returning the favor of smoke into her eyes.

"i saw this this thing on tiktok i wanna try" she spoke. she had miles on him in terms of highness. jj cocked an eyebrow and encouraged her to speak her mind. "so these 2 people were smoking and one blew o's into the other persons mouth and the other person blew them back out" she rambled. "you wanna go first or last?" jj asked her "last" she was determined to make it work.

so, they sat up and faced each other. jj took a hit and concentrated for a second before blowing o's in avery's direction. "i don't think you're close enough" she shamelessly spilled out. "ok then come closer" jj replied "no way you come here" she spit back. jj reached across from him and grabbed both of her wrists with one hand, and placed his other behind her back/side pulling her closer to him giving her an "i won" look. she rolled her eyes and inched closer to his mouth, waiting for him to try again.

after 10 minutes and a another blunt later, they finally got it. "and you didn't think it was possible" avery smirked "i thought it would work i just didn't think you could do it" jj laughed "but i am impressed with how far you've come little one" he added before bowling like a sensei to his student who was already bowing back.

"dude" avery started before breathing heavily. "what aves" jj replied "i'm so high" she giggled laying back onto her bed, this time her head was hanging off the end and her legs were draped over jjs.

"i don't think i've ever been this high before" she added reaching down to the floor and tracing shapes into her floor boards. an idea flashed into jjs mind and before he knew it, he was acting on it. he flipped her legs that were on top of him, over and off of the bed so that she fell onto the floor, sending him into a fit of laughter. "you're such a dick" she groaned before joining him in his hilarious state.

john b opened his door and peeked into hers from next door. "what the hell happened?" he asked looking at his sister dying of laughter on the floor "i heard something fall" as annoying as he was, he still cared about her deeply, especially after their mother left and extra especially after their father died. "ask your-ask your friend" she cried laughing. "i just swung her off the bed and it was fucking hilarious" jj grabbed his abs because of how much he was laughing.

"what like this?" and before jj knew it, he was on the floor next to avery, still laughing. they laid there on the floor laughing for an entire hour laughing about different stuff. every time one of them spoke it was hilarious, even though it wasn't. pope and kie got bored after their third time checking in on them so they parted ways and went home. sarah basically lived here and honestly so did jj.

"jage" avery spoke up again. "yes aves" he indulged. "do u wanna go swimming" "like right now?" "yea" she giggled. "i think we should eat" he steered away, not really wanted to get in the water right now. "oh my god you're a genius" she looked overly excited. "come one i'll make you something" he offered her his hand for help to stand up, but she refused causing her to stumble a little.

once she got to her feet she looked up at her ceiling "everything's spinning" she said before spinning herself and collapsing into the arms of jj. "come on you freak" he called her, placing her back on her feet and guiding her by her shoulders from behind into the living room. he shoved her onto the couch before walking to the kitchen and making her a sandwich. it was around 8:00 pm and avery heard her stomach growling, waiting on jjs promised sandwich.

"take" he said handing her a paper plate with her sandwich and chips. "you know me so well" she smiled biting into her doritos. "jage" she called out once more "yes avesss" he answered for what felt like the 800th time tonight. "will you spend the night" she asked. it wasn't a weird question to ask. she's asked it millions of times. however this time felt different, like she didn't want john b to know what she was thinking. "always" he stuck
his tongue out at her and stole a chip out of her fingers "hey!" she cried stealing one off of his plate in return.