part thirteen- more than fwb

guys go check out my new story 'fwb' it's about jj and john b's sister:)
———

the next morning, avery found herself interlocked with jjs body again. he had spent the night and she was utterly exhausted. thankfully they were clothed, because not one minute after she woke up john b walked through her door.

he didn't ever say anything about jj being in her bed, jb just assumed he had an rough night with his dad again and needed some company. "me and kie are going to the store, you want anything?" he asked "goldfish" she requested "and sour patch kids" she added. sour patch kids were jjs favorite.

john b dapped up his sister before leaving with kie who had supposedly slept on the pull out last night too. avery looked at the boy who was sleeping peacefully next to her. his blonde locks fell messily yet gracefully on his face, his lips parted just enough, and the sunlight that came through her window landed perfectly on him, making his hair look like gold and his face glow.

"take a picture it'll last longer" the boy mummbled into his pillow. he swung an arm around avery and slid her closer to him. she giggled as the cuddled until john b and kie got back from the store, abruptly forcing them apart.

jj practically jumped out of bed and walked out into the kitchen to greet the pair, pretending nothing ever happened.

avery was quick to follow, throwing on sports bra under her tshirt. "let's see what you got" she spoke, hopping up on the counter next to her brother. he unbagged their items, revealing several liters of vodka and beer. "what's that for?" she asked "tonight" john b replied, tossing her the box of goatish. "no shit, what are we doing tonight" she asked again "staying in, another hurricanes rolling through, thought we should be prepared" he answered, tossing her the bag of sour patch kids she also asked for. she immediately turned and tossed them to jj who dramatically grasped his heart.

"you remembered" he fake cried "guys avery remembered my favorite candy, she remembers me!" he continued. avery threw a goldfish at him and rolled her eyes "aww aves do you have a crush on jj" john b poked while laughing. this earned him a goldfish thrown at his head as well. the two poked and teased for a few more minutes until a good amount of goldfish were on the floor, and john b and jj pretended to make out. for what reason avery couldn't tell you.

kie helped avery pick up the mess on the floor while the boys picked up sarah and pope from their houses. "how are things going with you two" she asked "good" avery was short. "just good?" she pried "yup" avery was short again. "girl talk to me" kie asked "i don't know kie, i kinda like him" she blushed "so? there's no way he doesn't like you back, it's obvious" she laughed.

"even if he does like me back john b would flip out" avery continued "yea i guess that's true" kie admitted "well he would just have to suck it up like we did with sarah before we even liked her, at least he's cool with jj from the beginning" kid added "that might change though" avery sighed, throwing away the last goldfish.
———

when the storm rolled through, all the pogues were bundled up inside with a drink in hand. they had music on in the background, but they were just hanging out talking. it felt good to be in each other's company.

"aves remember that picture you drew when you were like 8" jb laughed "what picture?" avery laughed back "you made the 4 of us sit in the living room for like an hour and you drew this terrible picture of us, i mean kies hair was out to here" john b held out his hands "and pope was just a stick figure" he added laughing "and me and jj shared a body- it was awful" john b laughed "i remember that, i thought i looked great" pope laughed.

"i know you still have it" john b laughed getting up from his seat. he ran towards avery's room and began searching for it "i saw it like 6 months ago but i wanted to show sarah" he shouted. then she heard him opening and closing her drawers and her face went white. she looked at jj who had the same look on his face, he knew what john b was going to find if he kept looking.