Welcome Back!

Everything was a blur..

The Yellowjackets were finally gonna get to go home.

Although their lives may never be the same again after those torturing months in what we now found out was Canada.

***

The rescue helicopters were able to fit 4 people on at once. Luckily, they had brought 4 helicopters for the occasion.

The first helicopter to be boarded was filled by Nat, Lottie, Taissa, and Van.

Pretty much the whole fly back was pure silence besides the gushing wind blowing.
They all sat there staring out the windows, looking down at the nature probably thinking to themselves, "I never wanna see a tree again."

Nat had her arms wrapped around Lottie as her head was rested against Nat's shoulder the whole way back. Lottie was sound asleep, like she was getting the best sleep of her life.

***

Quite a few hours later, the Yellowjackets were getting off the helicopters one by one.

News reporters and some other randoms were lined up for them like they were some award winning top tier celebrities who they were waiting to get an autograph from.

But they were just teenage girls.

Teenage girls who never got to kick some ass in soccer.

They were winners in everyones eyes though, still they never looked at it that way.

Flashing lights from cameras practically blinded them.
Give the girls some privacy, damn!

After a whole lot of nonsense and barging through crowds of people.
They were on their way home like normal teenage girls would do everyday.

All the girls were separated now.

***

LOTTIE
Lottie's mom was the one to pick up Lot, except she was with a man. A man who Lottie had seen her mom giving a kiss to.
Your daughter and husband go missing and you decide to find a new guy to "love" !?
What the fuck!?

Lottie didn't utter a single word the whole car ride home.
Surprisingly, neither did her mother really, just "Hi Charlotte." "How have you been?"

How have I been!? Seriously. What the fuck do you think mom!? Terrible.

I didn't even wanna look at her.
The "normal" teenage girl would be delighted to be "gifted" back to her mother, but not me. This is the equivalence to getting a lump of coal for Christmas. No one wants that.

When we pulled up to the house, I went straight to my bedroom,  fell flat onto my soft mattress, burying my face into my silk pillow, and in that moment, it felt like everything just stopped.

My mom didn't come to check on me, Her new "guy" thats what i'm gonna call him didn't even bother introducing himself to me.

I wonder if my mom even told him about me.
Doubtful.

I mean for fucks sake she didn't even ask about dad.

I didn't walk out of my room till next morning.
My mom and the guy were sat at the dining table with a cup of coffee in hand while reading the paper and watching the television at the same time.

"Morning." My mom spoke in her grumpy agitated voice.
I didn't miss that, that's for sure.

I ignored her.

"Are you just never going to speak to your mother again!?" Her tone got angrier. It startled the guy beside her.

I gave her a look. A look of disinterest, emptiness, frustration.

I shrugged at her taking a glass of water to walk back to my room.

That's when she stopped me, spilling the freezing cold water all over my clothes.

I let out a huge gasp as a reaction to the freezing water soaking me.

I clenched my jaw tight. I didn't wanna say anything to her. I sure bet she could tell I was pissed though.

"You're going to a doctor Lottie, you need help. You're not my daughter."

Wow mom, such great parenting for your daughter who's been missing for months,You should win an award!

Of course I didn't say that, but I was for sure thinking it.

I stormed off into my room hoping she would just keep her mouth shut.

There was a knock at the door.

"Lottie! Lottie get the door! Now!"

I stayed unbothered.

I heard my mom do her annoyed groan as I heard her walking towards the door to open it.

***

Mrs. Matthews opened the door to see a somewhat short, pale, blonde shagged haired girl, standing in the doorway. It was Natalie.

"Hi! uhh.. Is Lottie here?"

"Not home." Mrs. Matthews returned as she began to shut the door.

"Wait!" Nat said in urgency.
"Do you know when she'll be back?"

"I have no idea. Have a good day." Matthew's expression was below neutral.

"Uh just one more thing please... sorry to bother I just really need to talk to her. Is she doing okay?" Nat had the softest expression on her face. She was worried for her girl.

"She's doing fine, Now I'm busy so if you could go that would be appreciated, thank you." Mrs. Matthews replied with a fake smile.

Nat let out a sigh. "I understand, Can you just tell her that Natalie hopes she's doing alright and that she hopes to see her soon. Thank you."

That was when Mrs. Matthews shut the door. She looked over to Lotties room. She wanted to know who this "Natalie" was. 

She barged into the room. "Are you dating anybody?"

Lottie pretended to be asleep.

"I know you're awake!" Mrs. Matthews said snatching Lotties pillow from underneath her head.

Lottie looked at her in anger and finally spoke "WHAT!? WHAT DO YOU WANT!?"

"Are. You. Dating. Anybody?"

"Mom I was missing for months, you think I just picked up a date while fearing for my life!?"
Well yeah that was pretty much it...

"Who's Natalie!?" She shouted in her face.

Lottie grew quieter than before.

Her face turned red and she panicked.

"She's my friend, she's on the team." Lottie said quietly looking down.

"Why is she so worried about you?" Her mom said still angry.

"I DON'T KNOW MOM MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY AND BE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER BECAUSE CLEARLY IT LOOKS LIKE SHE CARES MORE THAN YOU DO." Lottie had never raised her voice at her mom like that. She was shocked at herself.

Lottie's mom slapped her across the face, slamming the door on her way out fuming.

She shouted from outside the door, "YOU'RE GOING TO SCHOOL TOMORROW SO BE READY!"

Lottie didn't even care that all eyes would be on her tomorrow, she was just glad that she didn't have to be in the same building as her mother for a few hours.
Sure she didn't wanna be at school but she definitely didn't wanna be at home.

And as Lottie sat there, face deep in her pillow, she wished she got up to open the door to Nat, give her the biggest hug and walk right out the front door with her, never looking back.